All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th June 2011, 03:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Due to an unforeseen problem, which is completely out of Arrow's control, the release has had to be delayed for a fortnight and will now be out on June 13.

Thanks for the reminder -- I'll have to go and update the relevant threads!
I picked one up a the GFT on sunday. Not had a chance to look at it yet though - brother in law has my blu-ray.
Old 7th June 2011, 03:15 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
this is the first time I have come across this thread. So am I understanding correctly that the above pic showing only one side of the camera frame is how the movie will look?
I thought it was strange to begin with but, after a while became accustomed to the way the film looks and the aspect ratio wasn't an issue. I only became aware of it when the killer is at the race track and those photos are taken. Oddly, when the photos taken at the beginning, all the viewfinder marks are on the screen.

If it will help explain better, you can read my review at:
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage Blu-ray Review
Old 7th June 2011, 03:42 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I thought it was strange to begin with but, after a while became accustomed to the way the film looks and the aspect ratio wasn't an issue. I only became aware of it when the killer is at the race track and those photos are taken. Oddly, when the photos taken at the beginning, all the viewfinder marks are on the screen.

If it will help explain better, you can read my review at:
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage Blu-ray Review
Compared to a colour version of Night of the Living Dead, THIS is something I can live with - cannot wait to get this nice package and put the poster on the wall!

Your nice review added to my famine for The Bird with the Crystal Plumage!

Greetings!
Old 7th June 2011, 07:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Nice review Nos You have convinced me. If it is only a minor annoyance with the aspect ratio then this sounds like a very nice release.
Old 7th June 2011, 08:52 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what it's like.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 8th June 2011, 12:40 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Nice review Nos You have convinced me. If it is only a minor annoyance with the aspect ratio then this sounds like a very nice release.
Bit more than a mere minor annoyance for me, I'm afraid. I'd love to support Arrow, but when approximately a third of the intended image is missing, it's a no buy for me. Sorry, guys.
Old 8th June 2011, 06:32 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Bit more than a mere minor annoyance for me, I'm afraid. I'd love to support Arrow, but when approximately a third of the intended image is missing, it's a no buy for me. Sorry, guys.
What about the extras and the poster? I am also quite sure that you already own another version of the movie with the "correct" aspect ratio - why not add this to your collection as some kind of oddity?

Greetings!
Old 9th June 2011, 12:39 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
What about the extras and the poster? I am also quite sure that you already own another version of the movie with the "correct" aspect ratio - why not add this to your collection as some kind of oddity?

Greetings!
To be blunt, because I can't afford to. I already own it on BD in the correct ratio. My limited funds will therefore go towards buying something I don't already own on BD. I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm not made of money either. Extras and a poster are all very nice and I do appreciate that kind of stuff, but double-dipping on this one purely for the extras isn't cost effective at the moment, especially when there's so much stuff out now on BD that I haven't got at all.

Don't worry, I will and do buy the other Arrow titles that I want, I'm just skipping this particular one.
Old 9th June 2011, 12:52 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
why not add this to your collection as some kind of oddity?
I have nearly convinced myself into coming around to this. Storaro's Univisium concept does interest me, even if I cannot understand why he thinks it should be applied retroactively thus creating the issues he wants to avoid.

I'll wait for the price to come right down though. Glad I didn't sell my BU Blu in anticipation of this release!
Old 9th June 2011, 10:38 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:

Greetings!
Because it's a waste of money
Jonny, Daemonia and wongfeihung62 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!