Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th August 2011, 02:11 PM
Cultist in Training

=( I wanted to order this when I get my check tommorrow. But due to my recent backfire with Unsane, I had to check here first, and here we are : Extras won't play in standard US players. Disappointing. Oh well. Guess I'll wait and hope someone creditable in the US makes a release. This and Obsession were very much being looked forward to. Ahhh well. Arrow, Please master extras in 1080p!!! Pleeeasssseeeeee.
Old 6th August 2011, 12:52 PM
Cultist

Can you not play them on the pc/laptop ?

Not an ideal solution I know,but just a thought
Old 6th August 2011, 06:24 PM
Cultist in Training

Thanks for the suggestion. I do appreciate the tip, but my labtop doesn't play BRD. Thanks though!
Old 7th August 2011, 01:25 AM
Cultist

Finally got around to plugging this in last night. Another stunning disc from Arrow. Shame I can't play the extras but still worth the price for the picture alone. I can't count how many special editions of Asian films I own that do not have subtitled extras and interviews. But I continue to buy them, just like Arrow films whose extras won't play on my BluRay player. I will definitely have an all region BluRay player long before I master all Asian languages. I would recommend buying The Funhouse Blu from Arrow just to watch this classic in high definition.
Old 7th August 2011, 04:52 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. View Post
Finally got around to plugging this in last night. Another stunning disc from Arrow. Shame I can't play the extras but still worth the price for the picture alone. I can't count how many special editions of Asian films I own that do not have subtitled extras and interviews. But I continue to buy them, just like Arrow films whose extras won't play on my BluRay player. I will definitely have an all region BluRay player long before I master all Asian languages. I would recommend buying The Funhouse Blu from Arrow just to watch this classic in high definition.
Thanks for the recomendation. I certainly appreciate your opinion. I think i'm just sore because I didn't get to see the goblins live on the unsane br. =)
Old 28th September 2011, 01:10 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbi3v1ru5 View Post
=( I wanted to order this when I get my check tommorrow. But due to my recent backfire with Unsane, I had to check here first, and here we are : Extras won't play in standard US players. Disappointing. Oh well. Guess I'll wait and hope someone creditable in the US makes a release. This and Obsession were very much being looked forward to. Ahhh well. Arrow, Please master extras in 1080p!!! Pleeeasssseeeeee.
Obsession should be 100% playable on Region A players. It played fine on my PS3.

As far as The Funhouse goes, count me as one of the disappointed that I can't play the extras. I'm still considering getting it, so I could watch the film in HD, since I doubt the US will see it's own Blu-Ray release (Universal holds the rights here; they haven't always been the most friendly studio towards cult-horror fans), but if the extras were fully US compatible, it would have been a must-have purchase for me.
#1 WEE MAN FAN
http://mtrodaba2468.dvdaf.com
Old 28th September 2011, 07:48 AM
Cult Rookie

Ordered this one not to long ago, extra's won't be a problem as I don't own a us player
Old 3rd October 2011, 09:19 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbi3v1ru5 View Post
I've had a word with Arrow about this and it was only the early copies of The Funhouse (and Tenebrae as we know) that were affected due to a technical error. Any remaining stock of this was destroyed in the fire at Sony a while back so all new stock going to retailers should be in 1080p.

Arrow suggest to ensure you definitely get a 1080p copy you order direct from them and also email them after you've placed your order to let them know you require a copy with 1080p encoded extras.
MTRodaba2468 likes this.
Old 4th October 2011, 03:17 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
I've had a word with Arrow about this and it was only the early copies of The Funhouse (and Tenebrae as we know) that were affected due to a technical error. Any remaining stock of this was destroyed in the fire at Sony a while back so all new stock going to retailers should be in 1080p.

Arrow suggest to ensure you definitely get a 1080p copy you order direct from them and also email them after you've placed your order to let them know you require a copy with 1080p encoded extras.
Seriously? That's absolutely fantastic. I will definitely order this as soon as I can now.
#1 WEE MAN FAN
Old 14th October 2011, 03:24 AM
Cult Rookie

Just placed my order now (and followed up with an e-mail).

*crosses fingers*
#1 WEE MAN FAN

Like this? Share it using the links below!