Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   The Beyond Replacement Program - Important News (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/6196-beyond-replacement-program-important-news.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th July 2011 06:17 PM

The Beyond Replacement Program - Important News

THE REPLACEMENT PROGRAM IS DRAWING TO A CLOSE EARLIER THAN ANTICIPATED. SEE HERE FOR MORE DETAILS.

The Beyond Blu-ray and DVD Disc exchange programme will be drawing to a close on September 1st. Should you have or purchase a copy of The Beyond Blu-ray or DVD requiring a disc replacement it should be checked and exchange prior to this date.

Any copies of The Beyond Blu-ray or DVD purchased after this date will not be able to be exchanged. All copies now in stock at our warehouse and with retailers should now be corrected. If you are in doubt as to whether the copy you have received is indeed sepia or black and white please check against images of the correct and incorrect opening sequence below:

INCORRECT

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...Untitled_1.jpg

CORRECT

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...Untitled_2.jpg

Freudstein 13th July 2011 09:49 PM

Hmm, some small UK retailer by the name of Amazon was still happily selling the old version as recently as 2 weeks ago...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th July 2011 09:52 PM

They shouldn't be selling them now or, if they are, it's probably the very last of their stock.

Freudstein 13th July 2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 165632)
They shouldn't be selling them now or, if they are, it's probably the very last of their stock.

Guess I should've waited just a little longer then :mmph:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th July 2011 09:58 PM

The exchange program is still in effect and can be extremely fast, with replacement discs reaching some people in a couple of days.

If you haven't yet contacted arrow, send them an e-mail info@arrowfilms.co.uk, attaching a copy for your dispatch/shipping e-mail.

Freudstein 13th July 2011 10:06 PM

Arrow sent me a replacement over 2 weeks ago but I'm still waiting... Laura agrees that the disc is probably lost by now and is sending me a new one tomorrow, but it's still a pain.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th July 2011 10:08 PM

Hopefully it'll be with you within a week and you don't have to wait long.

Rotten 14th July 2011 03:31 AM

What do i do if i bought the incorrect one in a shop but dont have the receipt anymore? My receipt got chucked out the day after i watched the dvd, (not realising something was wrong until i checked the forum a week later.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th July 2011 07:45 AM

I don't know if there's a way round it. Maybe a bank statement showing you paid for it? I'll ask and find out what, if anything, can be done.

Rotten 14th July 2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 165673)
I don't know if there's a way round it. Maybe a bank statement showing you paid for it? I'll ask and find out what, if anything, can be done.

Thanks, but i paid cash from HMV, its no biggie, just thought i'd ask, as it doesnt really bother me, i was just interested to know if i could get a replacement if i wanted one, and howi would go about it.

Zombie Dude 14th July 2011 12:27 PM

I won a copy of this on bluray here on the forums. How do I go about getting the corrected version?

Freudstein 15th July 2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 165639)
Hopefully it'll be with you within a week and you don't have to wait long.

Just got it in the mail and it looks great :woot:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th July 2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Dude (Post 165758)
I won a copy of this on bluray here on the forums. How do I go about getting the corrected version?

I'm not sure, but I'll try and find out.

Zombie Dude 15th July 2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 166025)
I'm not sure, but I'll try and find out.

Thanks mate. I'm looking forward to watching this classic again.

Zombie Dude 17th July 2011 02:57 AM

Sooo? When will I see that corrected disc?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th July 2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Dude (Post 166454)
Sooo? When will I see that corrected disc?

I won't be to find out anything until tomorrow as the offices are closed during the weekend. Watch this space (and keep an eye out for a PM).

Prince_Vajda 17th July 2011 09:35 AM

I wanted to post this: "Maybe we should grant Nos at least one spare day a week to rejuvenate. ;)"

And - whoom! - Nos is online. :)

Greetings!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th July 2011 09:46 AM

Hey, no rest for the wicked (or even not at all wicked in my case)!

Zombie Dude 17th July 2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 166464)
I won't be to find out anything until tomorrow as the offices are closed during the weekend. Watch this space (and keep an eye out for a PM).

Yea that's cool. I didn't realise.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th July 2011 09:49 AM

If you could send me an e-mail with your name and address, plus the date and, if you have one, a link to the competition where you won, a replacement disc will be sent out. My e-mail address is David@cult-labs.com.

Zombie Dude 18th July 2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 166661)
If you could send me an e-mail with your name and address, plus the date and, if you have one, a link to the competition where you won, a replacement disc will be sent out. My e-mail address is David@cult-labs.com.

Sent! Thank you very much :)

Daemonia 18th July 2011 01:44 PM

So, just to clarify, if you buy a copy after 1st Spetmeber and it happens to be the incorrect version, you won't be able to get it replaced?

Better get my skates on! If I wait till after 1st September I'd be wary of ordering it in case I get an incorrect disc I can't have replaced.

Prince_Vajda 18th July 2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 166736)
So, just to clarify, if you buy a copy after 1st Spetmeber and it happens to be the incorrect version, you won't be able to get it replaced?

Better get my skates on! If I wait till after 1st September I'd be wary of ordering it in case I get an incorrect disc I can't have replaced.

You would, but only by asking your seller to replace it. This should cause no problems, as it would be partly his fault if he had any incorrect version in stock after 1 September 2011.

Greetings!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th July 2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 166736)

After September 1, Arrow will not issue replacement discs as, by then, there won't (or shouldn't) be any of the incorrect discs with the monochrome opening available in stores or online.

If you order one after that date and are supplied with one of the original discs, you'll be extremely unlucky and will have to take it up with the retailer, who should be able to issue a replacement.

sawyer6 25th July 2011 11:15 AM

Really quick reply for me, 2 days after i sent them the e-mail

trebor8273 26th July 2011 11:37 AM

hi just got my copy yesterday and its the balck and white intro, should i sent it back to amazon or just get replacment here?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th July 2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 168632)
hi just got my copy yesterday and its the balck and white intro, should i sent it back to amazon or just get replacment here?

The best course of action is to forward your Amazon dispatch e-mail, along with a note at the top explaining you've received a disc with the monochrome opening, to info@arrowfilms.co.uk and you should be contacted and have a replacement disc organise within a week or so.

trebor8273 26th July 2011 12:00 PM

thanks just sent it with any luck should be here soon.

cool just got a reply from laura should be here soon!!

Sarah@Cult Labs 28th July 2011 11:56 AM

Since the announcement that The Beyond Replacement Program is coming to a close, there has been a huge surge in the number of people requesting replacements. As such, discs have run out earlier than anticipated. Arrow are able to make 25 finished copies available but this is now the FINAL CALL for swaps. Once the 25 are gone, the Replacement Program will have to close. The guys at Arrow are very sorry that it’s earlier than originally stated, but they could not anticipate the surge in people requiring replacements in the last few days.

Zombie Dude 28th July 2011 02:28 PM

How long does it usually take to get the disc because I'm wondering when to expect mine?

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th July 2011 02:46 PM

Part of me wonders, as i haven't bought the Beyond on Arrow yet if i would actually prefer the b&w version. I have the Anchor Bay dvd. The sepia sequences always remind me of trying to watch old bootlegged copies of the film in the eighties trying to make out what was happening through the distorted muddy colours.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th July 2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Dude (Post 169127)
How long does it usually take to get the disc because I'm wondering when to expect mine?

They usually arrive within a week, but occasionally take a bit longer than that. How long have you been waiting?

Roughale 28th July 2011 06:37 PM

I had ordered the BD either at play.com or at zavvi and did not have the time to watch it yet, but when I saw this thread, I checked and found out that I have the b/w version, can someone please summarize what I should do? Keep in mind that I am in Germany... Cheers! :clap:

EDit: No need to, found the info on page 1 I wonder why I skipped that before posting *LOL

Zombie Dude 29th July 2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 169145)
They usually arrive within a week, but occasionally take a bit longer than that. How long have you been waiting?

Been waiting since you told me to message you my details. I live in Australia so I don't know how much longer it'll take to get to me.

Daemonia 29th July 2011 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 169095)
Since the announcement that The Beyond Replacement Program is coming to a close, there has been a huge surge in the number of people requesting replacements. As such, discs have run out earlier than anticipated. Arrow are able to make 25 finished copies available but this is now the FINAL CALL for swaps. Once the 25 are gone, the Replacement Program will have to close. The guys at Arrow are very sorry that it’s earlier than originally stated, but they could not anticipate the surge in people requiring replacements in the last few days.

Hmmm....I haven't got round to getting The Beyond yet, was going to order it next week. Now I'm not so sure. Don't want an incorrect disc that I can't get replaced. I know Arrow are saying to get the retailer to replace it, but I can just imagine the frustration of trying to explain to the retailer why it's faulty. As far as retailers are concerned, thay'll say that if the disc plays then it's not faulty, surely?

Decisions, decisions. Think I'll hold off a while from picking it up until it's a dead certainty that retailers only have the corrected disc in stock. Sorry to Arrow and all that, but I do wonder how many others will take the same attitude.

Roughale 29th July 2011 08:16 AM

One more question: If you mailed the info Address, will they reply? Or will the disks just be sent? I know it is early to ask, I am just so incurably curious ;)

Zombie Dude 29th July 2011 08:17 AM

Well funnily enough mine got to me in the mail today. :woot: Thank you very much!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th July 2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roughale (Post 169307)
One more question: If you mailed the info Address, will they reply? Or will the disks just be sent? I know it is early to ask, I am just so incurably curious ;)

I didn't receive a reply to my e-mail but the disc arrived in four or five days, so I wouldn't worry if you don't hear back from Arrow HQ -- they're probably very busy at the moment.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Dude (Post 169308)
Well funnily enough mine got to me in the mail today. :woot: Thank you very much!

Glad to hear it, mate. Enjoy the movie!

Zombie Dude 29th July 2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 169313)
Glad to hear it, mate. Enjoy the movie!

Currently watching it. It's great!

Roughale 29th July 2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 169313)
I didn't receive a reply to my e-mail but the disc arrived in four or five days, so I wouldn't worry if you don't hear back from Arrow HQ -- they're probably very busy at the moment.

And guess what: I just got a reply from Laura and the issues are taken care of - excellent service!