Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th August 2011, 02:40 AM
Cult Acolyte

I must say I'm not too keen on Arrow's front cover artwork for The Exterminator, I much prefer the original flamethrower cover that is being used for the Synapse release,
Old 30th August 2011, 10:08 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I'd be very surprised if this doesn't find its way to the Arrowdrome imprint at some point in the future.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 30th August 2011, 10:10 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Yep, the same master on this and Maniac Cop.
Glad to hear it!
Old 30th August 2011, 10:30 AM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I must say I'm not too keen on Arrow's front cover artwork for The Exterminator, I much prefer the original flamethrower cover that is being used for the Synapse release,
The only element i would amend on Arrow's illustration is the Handgun with a Telescopic Sight TE is holding. Such a Pistol isn't used by the title character in the film if i'm not mistaken.

Seeing as the reverse sleeve will feature original artwork then i think it's safe to assume the vintage Flamethrower image will be in evidence. But will said design have the initial Dark Blue background from Intervision's pre-cert VHS version and early '80s U.K. cinema release? Or will the illustration in question boast the 'Nam-esque Helicopters 'n' explosions variant more commonly used nowadays?
Old 30th August 2011, 11:35 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
The only element i would amend on Arrow's illustration is the Handgun with a Telescopic Sight TE is holding. Such a Pistol isn't used by the title character in the film if i'm not mistaken.

Seeing as the reverse sleeve will feature original artwork then i think it's safe to assume the vintage Flamethrower image will be in evidence. But will said design have the initial Dark Blue background from Intervision's pre-cert VHS version and early '80s U.K. cinema release? Or will the illustration in question boast the 'Nam-esque Helicopters 'n' explosions variant more commonly used nowadays?
Myself and Reaper are hoping it's the dark blue background artwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30th August 2011, 11:38 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Could we please get some info about why the Dolby Stereo track isnĀ“t included? A downmixed Mono track only is the one thing holding me off from buying this edition instead of the Synapse disc.

Hopefully there is still time to include this track?
Daemonia likes this.
Old 30th August 2011, 01:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Myself and Reaper are hoping it's the dark blue background artwork.
That makes three of us!

In all honesty, i've nothing major against the 'Nam-inspired artwork. I simply prefer the original Dark Blue design for it's more old school look. The better bet to be sure.
Old 31st August 2011, 06:26 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I'll get both releases...for the 2 different commentaries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THANK CHRIST!!!!!!

ordered the synapse edition literally just before this announcement hit, my heart sank because I just freakin knew this would happen. now I can own both!

please please please dont tell me your releasing dressed to kill, my wallett might start screaming rape.
Old 31st August 2011, 07:52 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Sarah, can you confirm what the audio specs will be. There seems to be some concern over it being presented in mono when its original audio was Dolby Stereo. Thanks.
I've asked Arrow so I should have a response by the end of this week/early next week.
Old 1st September 2011, 12:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Now I can own both!
Me too and yours truly ordered Synapse's TE release this morning from Axel. Once Arrow's equivalent is available for pre-order i'll be advance purchasing this edition also so i have the best of both worlds where John Eastland's crimefighting exploits are concerned.

Like this? Share it using the links below!