All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th November 2011, 10:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
And I'd like to thank Arrow for putting the intro by James Glickenhaus on the special features page instead of it automatically playing at the beginning of the film. Very much appreciated.
Agreed! It's the same with Deadly Blessing: the Berryman intro is part of the extras.
PaulD likes this.
Old 5th November 2011, 11:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
And I'd like to thank Arrow for putting the intro by James Glickenhaus on the special features page instead of it automatically playing at the beginning of the film. Very much appreciated.

And now a concern The special features, there's somethng wrong with them. Not sure how to describe it, only way I can think is to say that it looks like frames missing every second. When something is moving on camera, cars or someone walking acoss the screen, everything sort of jerks to the side slightly. This happens EVERY second. It's quite distracting.
Let's hope it's just your copy. I'll try and find out on Monday. They were checked and approved so it would be down to the encoding if this is an issue (but it shouldn't be - the early reviews don't single it out either).
Old 5th November 2011, 11:23 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Could just be my eagle eye!
Old 5th November 2011, 02:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Got my copy today, little disapointed that the alternate covers are a bit samey, but c'est la vie!

I plan on watching it Monday morning (week off work!) So i'll check the extras then!
Old 5th November 2011, 02:31 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
That's awesome, I know it might appear to be aminor thing but iit used to irritate me that the intros were effectively embedded into the film and there was no way of watching the feature without the intro other than skipping it (which isn't a huge pain but still not ideal). Glad to see Arrow have taken this on board.

On a similar note, are the (admittedly great) High Rising Productions opening animations still about a minute long on the special features? I thought it was great how on the Pieces disc the intros were about as long but interspersed with interview clips to make the whole thing flow better so you didn't just spend a minute watching the animation and waiting for the interviews. I know it wasn't like this with The Cat O Nine Tails but I gather those extras were done ages ago. What are they like on The Exterminator?
Old 5th November 2011, 02:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
That's awesome, I know it might appear to be aminor thing but iit used to irritate me that the intros were effectively embedded into the film and there was no way of watching the feature without the intro other than skipping it (which isn't a huge pain but still not ideal). Glad to see Arrow have taken this on board.

On a similar note, are the (admittedly great) High Rising Productions opening animations still about a minute long on the special features? I thought it was great how on the Pieces disc the intros were about as long but interspersed with interview clips to make the whole thing flow better so you didn't just spend a minute watching the animation and waiting for the interviews. I know it wasn't like this with The Cat O Nine Tails but I gather those extras were done ages ago. What are they like on The Exterminator?
Actually we now only provide a static black background with plain white lettering.

Sometimes its clearly not worth the effort.
Old 6th November 2011, 12:17 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Sorry pals, but I've always loved the animated introductions. They're well-made, and give the special features some kind of a special touch.

As for the introductions to the films - I prefer them to appear before the movie, as long as I have the possibility to skip it. It's an introduction, so it should play before the movie. If you've already seen it, one click on the remote control solves your problem.

Just my two cents.

Greetings!
Old 6th November 2011, 05:17 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Actually we now only provide a static black background with plain white lettering.

Sometimes its clearly not worth the effort.
It's not that I don't like them, far from it - they're creative and inventive. It was just a bit of a common complaint that they went on a little too long - the way the intro for Pieces worked better I thought as you had the animation interspersed with inteview footage.
Old 7th November 2011, 11:29 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

One thing I haven't been able to clear up yet; is there a scene with the bad guys getting their faces chewed by rats in the US Synapse release?
Old 7th November 2011, 11:53 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Sorry pals, but I've always loved the animated introductions. They're well-made, and give the special features some kind of a special touch.

As for the introductions to the films - I prefer them to appear before the movie, as long as I have the possibility to skip it. It's an introduction, so it should play before the movie. If you've already seen it, one click on the remote control solves your problem.

Just my two cents.

Greetings!
With the intro's to the films, it's true that you can click the remote to skip them, but it would be preferrable to have on the main menu, play movie, or play movie with intro. But If Arrow are going to continue putting it in the special features menu from nie on, it's a moot point

Like this? Share it using the links below!