All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st August 2011, 09:26 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Pieces – Technically Speaking

This thread is for discussing the technical merits of the Pieces DVD: the picture and sound quality, things like that.
Old 8th September 2011, 05:45 PM
Cultist

I know its not Arrows fault, but whoever did the clean up on the sound has used too much noise reduction in parts, I watch my dvds on a portable with headphones, and noticed the dialogue Echo-ing in many parts, (such as the scene where goggles gives the note over), although not as bad as Shameless's edition of Almost Human.

Not really complaining, as Pieces and Slaughter High from Hmv in Birmingham cost me just 4.98 using my Rewards credit!

All in All though, great to have it uncut and in agreat package with good visual and better general audio than previous uk issues.
Old 17th September 2011, 08:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I thought the picture and audio was great overall. There was a moment where it looked like footsteps went out of sync although I suspect this was lazy foley work rather than the transfer/dvd authoring.

One thing I have to give a MASSIVE thumbs up for (and it is something that's quite a small but, in my eyes, an important thing) is how the intro graphics on the 'Looking Back at a Grindhouse Gorefest' featurette are interspersed with the actual feature itself. As lovely as the graphics were in previous Arrow releases they did seem to drag on a little too long. Like I say, a small thing but one which really makes for a better featurette. It's either a nice coincidence or another example of constructive feedback being used in the making of these releases (I seem to remember a few members mentioning this), but eitherway it's very welcome and hopefully an idea retained for future releases

Like this? Share it using the links below!