Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Unlimited (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/7752-arrow-video-unlimited.html)

Gojirosan 24th January 2012 06:15 PM

Yeah, slipcases and other paper clutter is a terrible waste of resources.

I'm all for this kind of release. Simple, does the job. Keep the booklets, but get rid of the posters and cards and all that nonsense and keep prices down. Offer them for sale through the website if people really want them rather than just push paper out into the world.

Prince_Vajda 24th January 2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 211398)
Yeah, slipcases and other paper clutter is a terrible waste of resources.

I'm all for this kind of release. Simple, does the job. Keep the booklets, but get rid of the posters and cards and all that nonsense and keep prices down. Offer them for sale through the website if people really want them rather than just push paper out into the world.

Frankly, Miss Pussy, I don't give a damn about resources. This planet belongs to us, not to (possible) future generations. :coolblue:

Yes. Do so, and Arrow will fall into oblivion!

Just my two cents.

Greetings!

Hawkmonger 24th January 2012 06:26 PM

As a zoologist, I can whole heartedly agree with saving recourses. But in this case, I'm afraid Arrow just won't be as good for me should they go ahead with this consept.

dallywhitty 24th January 2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 211325)
These Unlimited Editions will be released after the initial print run of the Edition collector’s know and love, which will now attain Limited Edition status as stocks become capped.

I think this is a terrible idea. I understand wanting to provide a cheaper alternative for those not interested in the fancy slipcases and four-panel artwork (which is what ArrowDrome is essentially for), but to shift those who are interested in the default Arrow Video packaging we're familiar with seems a poor choice. As an unemployed college student, it's not often I can buy an Arrow Video release the minute of its release. Once the initial print has run out, what am I to do then? The prices will shoot up and I will be dissuaded from purchasing. It's a shame, because I was hoping to collect as many of these films as possible. Replacing a superior product with an inferior one makes no sense to me and I think this will alienate existing fans.

Hawkmonger 24th January 2012 06:29 PM

Consider me Alienated.:mmph:

Rassilon 24th January 2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 211397)
I think there's something wrong with the pictures, don't worry.

The film comes in a regular Amaray case:

http://home.amaray.com/images/cases_rt-bluray.jpg

And instead of 4 artworks, you'll only get two - with the Blu-ray specs on the back and a reversible sleeve like the DVD of The House By The Cemetery.

Hope this makes sense.

Greetings!

Ah so a normal BD case is called a Amaray case. Ok I understand. So they will be similair to arrow dvd cases. Suppose it must be costly. Doesn't bother me too much. Hope the text on the sides of the BD doesn't change too.

Gojirosan 24th January 2012 06:39 PM

Why would Arrow fall into oblivion? Surely most punters by disks for the films, not for fancy free gifts?

I often wonder if people on here care more about packaging and design more than they care about the actual films.

Hawkmonger 24th January 2012 06:44 PM

No, of cause not. It's just that all the unique extra's are what set Arrow apart from other companys and losing even some of these features could have an effect on there states as distributers.

Gojirosan 24th January 2012 06:48 PM

Arrow Video have to sell these things to people other than just "cult film fans". If ditching some bits of cardboard means they can drop the cost into more idle browsers' price range, then the better for them and the better for us.

I don't see anyone moaning because Blue underground don't have this stuff in their packages, they keep buying the disks anyway. And you know full well you will keep buying the Arrow releases if the films were what you want but the packaging was more like Blue Underground.

Good idea, Arrow, and good luck.

Prince_Vajda 24th January 2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 211413)
No, of cause not. It's just that all the unique extra's are what set Arrow apart from other companys and losing even some of these features could have an effect on there states as distributers.

Exactly. :nod:

Greetings!