Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Unlimited (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/7752-arrow-video-unlimited.html)

Rassilon 24th January 2012 06:59 PM

I buy them for the films. They do look nice. Inferno, COTLD etc on my shelf. But I wouldn't pay for a film I dislike (silent night deadly night or deadly outlaw rekkas). I only buy what is good. The packaging is awesome though.

I still hope demons gets some fancy treatment.

PaulD 24th January 2012 07:10 PM

I'm not sure I understand the reaction to this - the 4 panel artwork editions will still be released first so there's every chance to pick them up. Since the release of Arrowdrome Arrow still release dvd-only Arrow Video releases (The Deadly Spawn, Deadly Blessing) so there's no reason to assume they'll stop releaseing the 4-panel editions

Prince_Vajda 24th January 2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 211421)
I'm not sure I understanf the reaction to this - the 4 panel artwork editions will still be released first so there's every chance to pick them up. Since the release of Arrowdrome Arrow still release dvd-only Arrow Video releases (The Deadly Spawn, Deadly Blessing) so there's no reason to assume they'll stop releaseing the 4-panel editions

The traditional releases will be limited from now on. So you have to buy them when they're released, or you risk being stuck with the vanilla edition later on. That's the whole problem.

Greetings!

dallywhitty 24th January 2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 211421)
I'm not sure I understand the reaction to this - the 4 panel artwork editions will still be released first so there's every chance to pick them up. Since the release of Arrowdrome Arrow still release dvd-only Arrow Video releases (The Deadly Spawn, Deadly Blessing) so there's no reason to assume they'll stop releaseing the 4-panel editions

The existing releases will be replaced by the Unlimited Editions once they have sold out:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 211325)
These Unlimited Editions will be released after the initial print run of the Edition collector’s know and love, which will now attain Limited Edition status as stocks become capped.

Future Unlimited Editions will be scheduled to appear shortly before Limited Editions sell out so there is not a gap in availability of any release.

I don't mind the Unlimited Editions co-existing alongside the originals, but I hate the idea that they'll be replacing them.

PaulD 24th January 2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 211422)
The traditional releases will be limited from now on. So you have to buy them when they're released, or you risk being stuck with the vanilla edition later on. That's the whole problem.

Greetings!

I wonder how limited?

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th January 2012 07:19 PM

Please Arrow, use a new piece of artwork for these releases (like the Arrowdrome collection). :clap:

I want to see the sparks fly on here. :lol:

Prince_Vajda 24th January 2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 211425)
I wonder how limited?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallywhitty (Post 211424)
The existing releases will be replaced by the Unlimited Editions once they have sold out:

I don't mind the Unlimited Editions co-existing alongside the originals, but I hate the idea that they'll be replacing them.

Greetings!

Pete 24th January 2012 07:20 PM

The Arrowdrome covers are much better than the Arrow Vid ones.

Prince_Vajda 24th January 2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 211426)
Please Arrow, use a new piece of artwork for these releases (like the Arrowdrome collection). :clap:

I want to see the sparks fly on here. :lol:

That's exactly what they're doing... :tsk: :doh: :crazy:

Look here for a (very small) pic of Caligula's new release:

Arrow Films & Video | Facebook

:fear:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 211428)
The Arrowdrome covers are much better than the Arrow Vid ones.

Tastes differ. :coolblue:

Greetings!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th January 2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 211422)

Greetings!

I wouldn't call 2 paneled artwork and all the same extras vanilla! :lol:

Even with 2 panels instead of four and losing some of the internal paper goodies, you're still getting a premium package: how many other companies can even compete with that?

Take a look at what you get from most other distributors: the film and some flimsy photo-shopped art put together in ten minutes by some bored graphic design graduate.

I think it's a slight case of people (and don't think I'm targeting this at you, Prince! :)) taking what they've been accustomed to for granted.

I am sad to see the four paneled slip-covered editions take on a limited life, but Arrow have to make money, and I'm betting the added costs for windowed slipcovers, quad art sleeves, posters, lobbycards, booklets etc. don't leave them with a lot of selling margin to play with and therefore invest in new films, extras, better quality control etc.