Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should Arrow continue to release Limited versions of Arrow Video titles?
Yes 159 79.90%
No 40 20.10%
Voters: 199. This poll is closed

Like Tree87Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:14 AM
Cult Rookie

I voted YES, but I still think the "Limited" versions should include the DVD copy to make them as just good as the 'Unlimited' versions.

Arrow suckered me (joke) into buying all the current slipcover versions of their films, so if they stop it will suck big time. I just think it stinks the Unlimited gets an extra disc.
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:15 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
What's the price difference between limited and unlimited?
Here's my post from slightly higher up the thread:

Quote:
Arrow have also asked me to mention the price factor. Limited Editions would be more expensive due to the added cost producing them. An approximation would be a £5 difference in the RRP of Limited and Unlimited versions.

I'll also add this info to the original post.
Baseball Fury likes this.
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

So (I'm assuming) the Limited would remain at the current price point (circa £18 online retailers) and the Unlimited would sit around the £14 mark?
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:20 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

An addition fiver for something that's ultra limited is perfectly acceptable.
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:23 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
So (I'm assuming) the Limited would remain at the current price point (circa £18 online retailers) and the Unlimited would sit around the £14 mark?
I think that's safe to assume, yes.
Baseball Fury likes this.
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:25 AM
Cultist

Sorry but i'd prefer the unlimited over the limited releases,more interested in the films than the packaging as a whole,not that i'm saying there shouldn't be the ltd releases, however i do agree with sarah on the cost of these and cutting down on them to be able to release more films is the way to go for me, just my opinion though
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:27 AM
Ex-Member

I prefer the unlimited. I can live without a poster and sliptray. If the unlimited Blu's have BD and DVD, a booklet and reverseable artwork then I don't see the fuss. There is still mountains of extras compared to other companies.
Its not like were losing out that much. A poster which stays in a tray, 2 reverseable covers, and a sliptray. If it brings down costs I am all in favour. It would never stop me buying from this company. I still think the unlimited has alot going for it in terms of quantity compared to a shameless release (and I love shameless too). I think after a while the slipcases can get tatty and if that goes the box is without proper synobsis on the back.

unlimited all the way for me.
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:35 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chad View Post
I prefer the unlimited. I can live without a poster and sliptray. If the unlimited Blu's have BD and DVD, a booklet and reverseable artwork then I don't see the fuss. There is still mountains of extras compared to other companies.
Was just about to say the same thing.

I'd rather see them all go dual unlimited; with some more "Special Limited (numbered)" ~ like the Battle Royale Box (not just tins).

You could always sell posters seperately; then they could be larger and wouldn't have to be folded.
Steel76 and BAKA like this.
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:37 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

What I would like to see is selected titles getting the Limited status, kind of like the DVD's where you've got films like Martin and the classic era Argento in the slipcase versions, and films like Pervert, Blood Feast and Savage Streets in the standard amaray.
brain dead likes this.
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:46 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I say yes. I absolutely love the limited packages, especially the 4-panel artwork that comes with them. I fear i'd be stuck with new art and a piece of original art that I'm not too keen on. And I'm sure i'm not the only person who loves the posters and has them hanging in the homes. So please stick with the Limited Editions Arrow.

Like this? Share it using the links below!