Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Zombie Flesh Eaters (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/8820-zombie-flesh-eaters.html)

Wes 12th November 2012 10:38 AM

Definitely Zombie Flesh Eaters works because the film is such an easy watch and the cast are all very likeable. I particularly love Richard Johnson, constantly bathed in sweat, and the film has that wonderful hot feverish atmosphere. Also, I've seen the film endless amounts of times and I've never quite made up my mind whether Menard is responsible for the dead coming back to life - Olga Karlotos hints at it ("You won't be satisfied until I meet one of your zombies!") but it's never explicitly stated. I like that...

Vampix 12th November 2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 291751)
Definitely Zombie Flesh Eaters works because the film is such an easy watch and the cast are all very likeable. I particularly love Richard Johnson, constantly bathed in sweat, and the film has that wonderful hot feverish atmosphere. Also, I've seen the film endless amounts of times and I've never quite made up my mind whether Menard is responsible for the dead coming back to life - Olga Karlotos hints at it ("You won't be satisfied until I meet one of your zombies!") but it's never explicitly stated. I like that...

I always got the impression that the zombie epidemic on the island was caused by witchcraft/voodoo.

Andra Jai 12th November 2012 03:57 PM

Are there any deleted scenes that exist for this film such as the zombie rising out of the harbour which has been pictured on a few posters

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th November 2012 04:24 PM

I hadn't seen it for eons.Since it's original eighties release.

What jogged my memory about it,was a truncated version turned up on Bravo in the '90's one night.
I then bought the Vipco tape which turned out to be the same.:rolleyes:

Then we had the 'More gore than allowed before' tape,which made a substantial difference,but still cut.

Nice to see it finally uncut in the UK.

hallo37 12th November 2012 04:59 PM

I first saw it at a friends house in about 1981, I was 10 years old and I didn't sleep for a week afterwards. Ah those days!

vipco 12th November 2012 05:02 PM

First saw ZFE during pre cert days on Betamax i think ( im mid 40s now) Its currently my most owned film with 8 different releases owned so far on DVD .
I try to watch it every 2 months or so but due to illness I aint watched it in a while , or any horror films to be honest.
Im starting to get interested in films again and plan to watch ZFE again on BD on UK release. I got it pre ordered.

hallo37 12th November 2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 291814)
First saw ZFE during pre cert days on Betamax i think ( im mid 40s now) Its currently my most owned film with 8 different releases owned so far on DVD .
I try to watch it every 2 months or so but due to illness I aint watched it in a while , or any horror films to be honest.
Im starting to get interested in films again and plan to watch ZFE again on BD on UK release. I got it pre ordered.

I owned the VIPCO (re released in 1992) tape, then 'extreme version' tape, then the Stonevision DVD, the Blue Underground DVD, the Shriek Show DVD....wow!

Ps and the Blue Underground Blu ray!

Wes 12th November 2012 05:06 PM

I never see it mentioned so I don't suppose it was, but was that shark actually killed for the film - it always looks convincing to me, perhaps it was good trick photography on the part of the camera operator...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TUdp7Beyey...bie-shark2.jpg

Pete 12th November 2012 05:20 PM

From what I remember on the BU disc they said something like they just made the shark swim around for ages until it got tired and then filmed the scene but certainly didn't kill it - If you look when the zombie bites it and eats that chunk of flesh there are no marks on the shark.

Wes 12th November 2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 291821)
From what I remember on the BU disc they said something like they just made the shark swim around for ages until it got tired and then filmed the scene but certainly didn't kill it - If you look when the zombie bites it and eats that chunk of flesh there are no marks on the shark.

Many thanks Pete, I don't have that BU edition so good to know...