Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Zombie Flesh Eaters (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/8820-zombie-flesh-eaters.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th October 2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoBo (Post 287765)
Comparison between the Blue Underground version and Arrow's from YouTube:

Zombie : Screenshot Comparison

I didn't make the comparison.

A completely pointless comparison when the Arrow version isn't even out, unless the screenshot from the BU disc is also from a youtube video.

Steel76 29th October 2012 07:49 PM

Even though they compared with the youtube video, which really isn´t fair, you can still tell that the BU version is way to warm in the colors. And you can also see that the BU version is cropped and a bit windowboxed.

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th October 2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel76 (Post 287798)
Even though they compared with the youtube video, which really isn´t fair, you can still tell that the BU version is way to warm in the colors. And you can also see that the BU version is cropped and a bit windowboxed.

That's true. The colours are a lot better on the Arrow version.

LoBo 29th October 2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel76 (Post 287798)
And you can also see that the BU version is cropped and a bit windowboxed.

That is because the BU was in 2.35:1 and Arrow's is in 2.39:1 (original aspect ratio). The exact same thing happend with The House by the Cemetery.

Wes 30th October 2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 287585)
...zombie infested New York City

...which presumably results in a zombie infested Pittsburgh, which slyly positions Zombie Flesh Eaters as a prequel to Dawn of the Dead. I like that...

PaulD 30th October 2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 287905)
...which presumably results in a zombie infested Pittsburgh, which slyly positions Zombie Flesh Eaters as a prequel to Dawn of the Dead. I like that...

Oddly enough that's how I always unofficially think of that film. The last shot of ZFE ties in quite nicely as a prequel to Dawn of the Dead

Beyond72 30th October 2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 287585)
same here,

I wonder what a direct sequel would have been like if it picked up with the remaining cast arriving in a zombie infested New York City

Poor old Lucio would had a coronary with all the Guerilla shooting needed!

J Harker 30th October 2012 11:58 AM

Looks stunning to me, but then a HD video on YouTube on a mobile phone is going to look pretty good whatever. Doesn't look excessively grainy I notice. Hope that's the case.

Steel76 30th October 2012 01:52 PM

Filmgrain isn´t noticable on youtube cause of the heavy compression, which blurs the smallest finedetails like that, even in 1080p. Hopefully no DNR was used. Would be great if we could also get some uncompressed screenshots in 1920x1080, like we got of Demons :)

robertzombie 30th October 2012 02:15 PM

Restoration supervised by James White.

Should be good then.