Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Zombie Flesh Eaters (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/8820-zombie-flesh-eaters.html)

Rik 13th November 2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 292062)
This bodes very well! Really can't wait for this release

Me neither, I've got a college gig to work at on ZFE day so I won't get to check it out until the day after, providing they arrive on release day that is

The Limey 13th November 2012 05:02 PM

And another one:

Quote:

Michael Brooke says:
I don't know what they're doing with 'Black Sunday', though I'm guessing they're using existing HD masters. PoochJD's scepticism above, while misplaced in this particular instance, would be justified in most cases - because the kind of treatment that 'Zombie Flesh Eaters' got is indeed pretty rare for an independent UK label.

The BFI and Criterion often work directly from celluloid, but they're far better resourced, and have the market (Criterion) or the archival remit (BFI) to justify the expense - most other UK independents have to fall back on what's already available off the shelf. That's why Masters of Cinema, despite being Blu-ray evangelists, were forced to release their recent 'Park Row' on DVD only, because an HD master doesn't exist and the likely sales didn't come anywhere close to justifying paying for one themselves.

Incidentally, if DVD Beaver's charts and my PS3 can be relied upon to supply matching data, the new Arrow disc has a very noticeably higher bitrate than the Blue Underground disc - hovering around 32-36 MB/sec compared with the BU average of around 28. Having spent much more time and money than usual on the transfer and encode, Arrow are clearly determined to show it off.

Wes 13th November 2012 05:07 PM

Many thanks Limey. Michael Brooke is one of the great industry guys - he regularly posts over at the Criterion forum and I consider him a solid trustworthy source for information...

The Limey 13th November 2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 292070)
Many thanks Limey. Michael Brooke is one of the great industry guys - he regularly posts over at the Criterion forum and I consider him a solid trustworthy source for information...

Thank you, Wes. I strongly agree - I have always found Michael's posts to be a mine of information in the past. That they should appear on the review of an Arrow hater is an irony that is lost on no one....

zfe1970 13th November 2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 292013)
I was hoping Arrow might have picked up the 98 minute documentary Building a Better Zombie on the ShreikShow disc (which I don't have!). Not complaining, just sayin'...

arrow done a great job on presentation,can't wait till 3rd dec(lucky me 3 days holiday) Wes, devo get the shreikshow double disc as the 2nd dvd with interviews with the crew are so good(they are really proud of this movie they made).

Wes 13th November 2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zfe1970 (Post 292108)
arrow done a great job on presentation,can't wait till 3rd dec(lucky me 3 days holiday) Wes, devo get the shreikshow double disc as the 2nd dvd with interviews with the crew are so good(they are really proud of this movie they made).

Yep, I really should track it down Tim...

Dave Boy 17th November 2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 291829)
Anyone know if the ZFE soundtrack is available to buy on CD? Would love to get my hands on the music to the film.

There was a CD available with the music from Zombie 2/Cat In The Brain but maybe hard to get hold of now.
One of the dvds of the film I have, a Dutch release, has the soundtrack on the disc as well.

demonknight 17th November 2012 08:02 PM

You a lucky boy,Dave boy. Look after that dutch DVD so with the zombie 2 music.

Make Them Die Slowly 17th November 2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 291829)
Anyone know if the ZFE soundtrack is available to buy on CD? Would love to get my hands on the music to the film.

I've got this and it's pretty good.Cannibal Ferox + Zombie CD, by Budy-Maglione & Fabio Frizzi at FAB Press Online

Daemonia 18th November 2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 293302)

That's the one I've got. Very nice it is too!