Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree176Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st August 2012, 07:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
...and I was thinking Amsterdamned and The House With Laughing Windows seemed more Arrow than Shameless . . .
Bugger .. someone on another thread said Amsterdamned was on Lovefilm ... i just Looked on Instant and its by post only! Just fancied watching that! Good flick. Better wait for the Shameless release.
Old 1st August 2012, 07:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
New announcements are never going to please anyone until Arrow or Shameless start dishing out purple notes with the Queen on one side free with each disc.
Or maybe some people hold the company to higher standards than others do.

You start giving passes for substandard and you end up getting only substandard. It doesn't do the consumer any good and it's bad for the company as well.
Old 1st August 2012, 07:42 PM
Cultist

What's substandard? One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Old 1st August 2012, 07:50 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
Or maybe some people hold the company to higher standards than others do.

You start giving passes for substandard and you end up getting only substandard. It doesn't do the consumer any good and it's bad for the company as well.
The thing is, and I mean no offence by this, but just because you don't like the releases doesn't mean everyone else won't enjoy them. It can't be easy for a company, in these difficult lean times to strike the balance between titles which will appeal to cult film fans and which will also bring in a lot of money.
Old 1st August 2012, 07:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

...it's true .. there is only one title there for me ... but no way would i expect Arrow just to be releasing films i want. Shame i know, but i just wait for the next announcement
Old 1st August 2012, 07:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC77 View Post
What's substandard? One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Let's put it this way. You have a company and your releases include meh Italiam c-list films like Super Bitch or Christmas Evil. Meanwhile Company B puts out classics like They Live or sought after slashers like Terror Train. Who do you think is going to grab the collectors money?

Arrow is a business at the end of the day and this isn't the best business decision. Troma was a mis-step. Hardcore Troma fans are getting there DVDs from Troma( they actually put together a pretty good package for there films)

I'm not downing the announcements because it's fun and I'm definitely not trolling I actually want the company around and doing well for a long time.

Yes men infuriate me because they champion everything done by the company and that's never healthy.

This wasn't a total loss for people who don't have ZFE that's going to be a good seller. Many n that list are things they need to hope people will pick up for cheap during a Sale.
Old 1st August 2012, 08:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Will pick up Night Child seeing as i missed out on Code Red's.
Not too fussed about the others tbh.

Shame there's no Opera Blu-ray.
Old 1st August 2012, 08:04 PM
Cult Rookie

I just can't get over the fact that there will be no LE for ZFE. I bet if they'd do one, it would be such a big seller. There's so much great artwork available, and it's one of their biggest releases.
Old 1st August 2012, 08:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I just realised Super Bitch is a really Really REALLY bad title to use. Why not the UK title Blue Movie Blackmail which is much better.

I like Massimo Dallamano, Ivan Rassimov and Riz Ortolani but i really hope this isn't some stupid female Superman parody movie
Old 1st August 2012, 08:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFist View Post
I just can't get over the fact that there will be no LE for ZFE. I bet if they'd do one, it would be such a big seller. There's so much great artwork available, and it's one of their biggest releases.
Maybe that's why?

Like this? Share it using the links below!