Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Black Sunday - Specs Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/9909-black-sunday-specs-thread.html)

Mojo 7th February 2013 06:12 PM

Watched Black Sunday ( Mask Of Satan edit ) last night and it looked fantastic. Arrow should be proud of this release.

Now that they've dipped their toes in the water, how about some other Italian gothics - Long Hair Of Death, The Ghost, Terror Of Dr Hitchcock?....

Rik 7th February 2013 07:35 PM

Sounds like this and Lisa & The Devil are problem free, gonna order them in the next week or so

Justin101 7th February 2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 319889)
Sounds like this and Lisa & The Devil are problem free, gonna order them in the next week or so

Me too after payday - hope they stay at £12.99 for another 10 days :p

Rik 7th February 2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 319890)
Me too after payday - hope they stay at £12.99 for another 10 days :p

I'm tempted to spend the extra £10 for the slipcases :decision:

tele1962 7th February 2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 319707)
I vampiri is SD on a regular dvd but looks good imo.

Just watched it and loved this one also:woot: (not as much as Mask Of Satan though).
This really is a fantastic release and covers all bases.:dance:

Justin101 7th February 2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 319908)
I'm tempted to spend the extra £10 for the slipcases :decision:

Don't do it, you could use that money to buy more films!

keirarts 7th February 2013 08:22 PM

Though people may want to hang on. Theres some fella posting comments under my review convinced the germans will release a better version one day because they did a good job on uli lommells boogeyman.

Some people apparently dislike the pq on this and the kino release, not sure what they were expecting to be honest.

Justin101 7th February 2013 08:26 PM

People expect every film to be preserved as well as Hollywood films and that HD transfers will miraculously make it look like it did in 1958 or whatever because they're seeing all these Fox and Warner discs like West Side Story and Casablanca, but the reality is these are niche and often forgotten films and probably not in the best condition - Look at the Tokyo Story disc for example, it looks a lot older than it is.

keirarts 7th February 2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 319926)
People expect every film to be preserved as well as Hollywood films and that HD transfers will miraculously make it look like it did in 1958 or whatever because they're seeing all these Fox and Warner discs like West Side Story and Casablanca, but the reality is these are niche and often forgotten films and probably not in the best condition - Look at the Tokyo Story disc for example, it looks a lot older than it is.

You see, I was under the impression the bava prints were all in bad shape given that i've seen most of them on dvd/vhs over the years and they have always shown a certain amount of print damage.

That said the bloke in question says the image dvd has superior levels of detail so I stuck mine on..

it doesn't.

Dave Boy 9th February 2013 08:41 AM

Just ordered this.:nod: