Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   What Books Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/10253-what-books-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bleakshaun 22nd February 2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 567082)
When I buy new books they have to be pristine but if I buy used books it's almost better to have them like this, it adds character!

Enjoy the Lovecraft, if you've not read him before, after a few you'll notice they are all vaguely similar, cranky old loner guy discovers something weird and then slowly goes insane [emoji38] Some are better than others, The Colour Out of Space is particularly good. I hope that's included in one of the three.

I've been surprisingly lucky with second hand books, most of the King hardbacks have been fantastic quality.
As I said earlier I've read some, Herbert West - reanimator, From Beyond, Dunwich Horror and Call of Cthulhu.
I've got a while before I will be reading these all though.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

bleakshaun 22nd February 2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 567084)
I've been surprisingly lucky with second hand books, most of the King hardbacks have been fantastic quality.
As I said earlier I've read some, Herbert West - reanimator, From Beyond, Dunwich Horror and Call of Cthulhu.
I've got a while before I will be reading these all though.

Also The Colour Out of Space is in volume 3

profondo rosso 23rd February 2018 04:27 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Celtic Frost and Hellhammer History Hardcover.

This has been in my Amazon basket for approx 6 months with repeated emails from them saying they can not get it and will let me know when it's available. Did not expect it to come through, then had email several days ago saying its been shipped! Well pleased.

A lovely looking and quality book, 280 pages of information with some fantastic imagery of where the Hellhammer / Celtic Frost logos came from , excerpts from old fanzines, gig pictures, artwork, H.R Giger information and collaboration and absolutely crammed with photo's and very good quality paper. Well recommended if your a fan. :rockon:

Just a small selection of what the images are like.

Attachment 201689

Attachment 201690

Attachment 201691

Attachment 201692

Attachment 201693

Justin101 23rd February 2018 07:59 PM

I’m not a huge fan but I am jealous of that book! It’s similar to the Peter Beste Norwegian Black Metal book that came out a few years ago and I finally got a copy for my birthday 2 years ago! I love anything like that.

bleakshaun 23rd February 2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 567417)
I’m not a huge fan but I am jealous of that book! It’s similar to the Peter Beste Norwegian Black Metal book that came out a few years ago and I finally got a copy for my birthday 2 years ago! I love anything like that.

Is that the one with the pics of nattefrost in the tub?

profondo rosso 23rd February 2018 08:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have seen that book you received Justin and what is not to like with imagery like this
Attachment 201699

Expensive now though, as is the Celtic Frost book, which only cost me £36 new!

I love anything dark, sinister and thought provoking, especially in photography, paintings, book covers, art work etc. I may not be much for most of the Black Metal music but I do get it, and think they look wicked.

I picked this up a while back but not got round to reading it yet.

Attachment 201700

Justin101 23rd February 2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 567419)
Is that the one with the pics of nattefrost in the tub?

http://ce399.typepad.com/.a/6a00d834...5335791970c-pi

bleakshaun 23rd February 2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 567422)

I don't have the book but I remember seeing pics from it in metal hammer and that picture stood out

profondo rosso 23rd February 2018 08:53 PM

Ahhh the memories of Saturday mornings when I had hair and a liver to abuse!

Justin101 23rd February 2018 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by profondo rosso (Post 567421)
I have seen that book you received Justin and what is not to like with imagery like this

Attachment 201699

Expensive now though, as is the Celtic Frost book, which only cost me £36 new!

I love anything dark, sinister and thought provoking, especially in photography, paintings, book covers, art work etc. I may not be much for most of the Black Metal music but I do get it, and think they look wicked.

I picked this up a while back but not got round to reading it yet.

Attachment 201700

I had the original of that book and lost it, I bought the new edition last year it’s very interesting!