Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   What Books Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/10253-what-books-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demoncrat 19th October 2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 613163)
Attachment 219862

Picked this up from a charity shop £2, 1979 edition A3 sized.
nice.:cool:

Kudos nos. Find and a half!!! :hail:

Justin101 19th October 2019 06:53 PM

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just post here.

Can anyone recommend some Dean Koontz? I read some of his late 80's books but I can't remember which and I've read his early 90's Dark Rivers of the Heart which I enjoyed, but I've not read any of his stuff for about 20 years. Since I've started re-reading the Stephen King books I thought I should pick up some Koontz too.

:thankingyou:

MrBarlow 19th October 2019 07:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 613674)

Can anyone recommend some Dean Koontz? I read some of his late 80's books but I can't remember which and I've read his early 90's Dark Rivers of the Heart which I enjoyed, but I've not read any of his stuff for about 20 years. Since I've started re-reading the Stephen King books I thought I should pick up some Koontz too.

I have always enjoyed these books

Rik 19th October 2019 08:04 PM

I’ve not read any of his books for about the same time, but his early novels are great, same goes for early Shaun Hutson-Slugs, Assassin etc

MrBarlow 19th October 2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 613682)
I’ve not read any of his books for about the same time, but his early novels are great, same goes for early Shaun Hutson-Slugs, Assassin etc

With his books you need a good stomach at times, Slugs and Breeding ground were great, shame the movie sucked

Rik 19th October 2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 613683)
With his books you need a good stomach at times, Slugs and Breeding ground were great, shame the movie sucked

I liked the film, haven’t watched it years though

MrBarlow 19th October 2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 613684)
I liked the film, haven’t watched it years though

I saw it twice and that was enough, think because I was thinking of the book and comparing it

Demoncrat 19th October 2019 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 613674)

I recommend The Bad Place & Night Chills as both are somewhat less Koontzy (?) than the rest. Ahem. ;)

Justin101 19th October 2019 09:56 PM

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, will have a look in the charity shops tomorrow!

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th October 2019 11:17 PM

Intensity is a really good read.

French film Haute Tension completely ripped it off though.

I also really enjoyed Icebound - it ain't a horror though.

I read a few in the early 90's but found most were suspense or genre bending rather than horror.

The last i bought of his in hardback was 77 Shadow Street. Not read it yet so that's a fat lot of good really as regards your question.