Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   The Film Books Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/215-film-books-thread.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 12th October 2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 13724)
I live in Norwich and visit that library regularly - there's some great stuff. The original edition of A Heritage of Horror, for one...

Yeah, I had my first proper look around there the other day - it's MASIVE! I nearly got lost! Nearly. I'll def have to check out the horror books then, (I went in their for sources on Western films and Genre theory if you really want to know ;) when I get time!

Anyway, I just bought "The Cult Film Reader" (one of the contributers is Mark Jancovich!) and immediatly bought it due to the picture from "Thriller: A Cruel Picture" on the front cover, strange how this film doesn't actually seem to be in the book tho (at least in the index - unless I've missed it?). Anywho, the book is full of the movies I love from; Cannibal Holocaust, The Last House On The Left, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Evil Dead and LOADS more, including some Shameless titles like Killer Nun, Torso, and the upcoming Strip Nude For Your Killer. Well worth checking out I'd say

:D

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 13th October 2008 08:36 PM

Oh I just realised, Neil, I may actually see you up here one day! :D

trench 27th October 2008 06:37 PM

Looking forward to getting the new Argento book from Mediane. Has anyone got it/ seen it/ read it yet?

Edit : I keep getting mixed dates for the release of this. Can anyone confirm if, or at least when this is going to be available? Thanks.

evan renzi 28th October 2008 09:11 AM

If it's this one then it's out:

Amazon

Cheers. I had no idea :)

bedorca 28th October 2008 09:37 AM

Probably have more luck shipping it in from Overseas

Sam 12th December 2008 10:17 PM

Just finished Making Mischief: The Cult films of Pete Walker, which was great. As the title suggests, more of an analysis of the films than a biography of the director but a great read for any Pete Walker fan!

I've enjoyed the FAB Press publications I've read so far - has anyone read Nightmare USA? I've been thinking of picking it up and just wondered whether it's any good...

jim corrupt 13th December 2008 01:57 PM

i thought William Peter Blatty's 'The Exorcist' was one of the most terrifying books ive ever read. Anyone whos never read it definetly should.

Anyone read Kings 'Cell'. I thought that was awesome.
Being made into a film allegedly by 'that Eli Roth guy'

Philleh 13th December 2008 02:45 PM

Jasper Sharp's Behind the Pink Curtain is a great, great, great read!

Delirium 19th December 2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 18971)
Jasper Sharp's Behind the Pink Curtain is a great, great, great read!

I think I'm getting that for christmas - I'm a bit of a pinku fan. He's a nice guy Jasper, and met him a couple of times before. He sure knows his genre.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 5th January 2009 10:37 AM

Has anyone here read 'Crystal Lake Memories'?

I just got it through the post today and it's HUGE! Cram-packed with everything about the Friday the 13th films (up to the latest one - Freddy Vs. Jason ) - interviews with practically EVERYONE (!) from Sean S. Cunningham to Robert Englund to Corey Feldman to Tom Savini, the list just keeps on going! Stuffed with pictures (ALL coloured) as well!

An amazing book - and I've only actually read the intro so far! :P