Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   The Film Books Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/215-film-books-thread.html)

Justin101 3rd August 2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 544825)
I fancy that new edition of American Gothic, I never managed to pick up the English one, I kept putting it off and now it's out of print, hopefully it'll be reprinted soon!

Ignore that, It HAS been reprinted - result :lol: Ordered, £17.00

Rob4 15th August 2017 08:00 PM

i caught up with Jonathan Rigby on Tim Lucas's FB page and harangued him for giving one of my favourite films, Possession, such a roasting in Euro Gothic. i told him i'd forgive him if he gave us American Gothic II and he gave me a thumbs up :clap:

... lol he writes one about every 5 years i think so not long to wait... :pray:

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th August 2017 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 546294)
i caught up with Jonathan Rigby on Tim Lucas's FB page and harangued him for giving one of my favourite films, Possession, such a roasting in Euro Gothic. i told him i'd forgive him if he gave us American Gothic II and he gave me a thumbs up :clap:

... lol he writes one about every 5 years i think so not long to wait... :pray:

Rigby and i are the same regards Possession. :nod:

Rob4 15th August 2017 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 546308)
Rigby and i are the same regards Possession. :nod:

it is very marmite :laugh:

Inspector Abberline 19th August 2017 09:55 AM

World Gone Wild: A Survivor's Guide to Post-Apocalyptic Movies Hardcover

1 Attachment(s)
Just received this wonderful hardcover book on all thing post apocslyptic

Quote:

A loving ode to a universal genre of film. An entire subculture of end-of-the-world themes was spawned from films like The Road Warrior, Escape From New York, and The Terminator. While those films are still being emulated today, film makers all around the world continue to produce radically unique films with startling perspectives of humanity facing the end of all things. This book offers pointers and a frame of reference on how the characters behaved when their worlds were on the brink of desolation. It covers the genre's biggest blockbusters like The Hunger Games, I Am Legend, Oblivion and World War Z, while devoting equal time and attention to smaller, more obscure films that really deserve to be discovered. Containing over 800 movie reviews, 60 exclusive interviews with filmmakers and actors who've made films in the genre, and a vast sub-genre index, this is a chronicle of humanity's struggles through nuclear war, global natural disasters, and the zombie apocalypse in film.
Attachment 193814

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th August 2017 02:10 PM

7 Attachment(s)
I bought this gorgeous hardback book on Sharon Tate this week.

It's a stunning pictorial tribute.

Dave Boy 26th August 2017 05:54 PM

That looks fantastic Dem. :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th August 2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 548007)
That looks fantastic Dem. :nod:

Thanks Dave Boy. It is.

276 pages and not a mention of the scum that murdered her. It's full of beautiful photos of her from her life as a model and from films like The Fearless Vampire Killers.

nosferatu42 26th August 2017 10:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked this up in the local 'The Works' book and art supplies type shop thingy.

Attachment 194147

£5
A pretty reasonable vampire cinema book with lots of photos.
I'm a sucker for this kind of film reference book.
Shit cover though.:rolleyes:
488 pages.:woot:

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th August 2017 11:38 PM

Can you post some pics of it's content please?