Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Comic Books (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/683-comic-books.html)

zane 12th March 2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 396224)
2000AD prog 1872 - Wow. It's been three years and over a hundred progs since I started reading. All I have to say. LIFE WELL SPENT!

I'd like to repete my question from above: Is 2000 Ad still available at newsagents etc? Because it says so on the hompepage, but it didn't find a single copy at any of the (quite well equipped) newsagents I went to.

I ordered Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 8 from amazon marketplace and instead got The Best Of Judge Dredd, which is quite useless to me as I already know 60% of the stuff that is included.

Now instead of offering me a refund, they offer me a replacement order – but I don't want anything that they offer :confused:

nosferatu42 12th March 2014 03:26 PM

Im sure i saw 2000 ad recently in my local Whsmiths.

Hawkmonger 17th March 2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 396307)
I'd like to repete my question from above: Is 2000 Ad still available at newsagents etc? Because it says so on the hompepage, but it didn't find a single copy at any of the (quite well equipped) newsagents I went to.

I ordered Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 8 from amazon marketplace and instead got The Best Of Judge Dredd, which is quite useless to me as I already know 60% of the stuff that is included.

Now instead of offering me a refund, they offer me a replacement order – but I don't want anything that they offer :confused:

Well they should provide you with a copy of CF 8! Thats shocking service. Throw the book at them.

Yes, you can get them in any and all WHS's throughout the country.:nod:
If your local doesn't stock it, ask them to order it in.

Demoncrat 17th March 2014 12:21 PM

Recently picked up a Dredd/Aliens crossover. "Incubus". Some great bits, especially when JD punched a newborn beastie!! :laugh:

Hawkmonger 17th March 2014 03:11 PM

Yeah, thats a good 'un. A better sequel to Aliens than Alien 3 or Resurrection. :lol:

Nordicdusk 2nd April 2014 05:14 PM

My mate just picked up every prog of 2000ad from 1988 up to the latest prog all in mint condition and all in plastic sleeves for only €150. To say im jealous is an understatement. :mmph:

zane 2nd April 2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 398805)
My mate just picked up every prog of 2000ad from 1988 up to the latest prog all in mint condition and all in plastic sleeves for only €150. To say im jealous is an understatement. :mmph:

Now that's an awsome deal :nod:

Nordicdusk 2nd April 2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 398815)
Now that's an awsome deal :nod:

When they arrived at his house his wife said she didnt want them in the house so he has to store them in the attic :mmph:. If i had them i would spend the first few weeks just drooling over them before i even opened one of them :lol:

Hawkmonger 4th April 2014 11:33 AM

2000AD prog 1874 and 1875: Beginning of a new line up. Dredd, Slaine, Sinister Dexter, Outlier and Jaeger. Cracking all round then!

The Maxx Maxximised #5: Tis bloody good stuff! Art compliments the dreamy nature of the series wonderfully. And Maxx is such a gloriously 2D character.

Royals: Masters if War #2: BUY THIS COMIC!!!!!! It's the only time you'll see the Japanese emperor turn a battle ship over with his own hands!

Weekly Shonen Jump #17 and 18: One Punch Man continues to kick arse, while World Trigger is surprisingly endearing.

Hawkmonger 24th April 2014 10:39 AM

Weekly Shonen Jump #19-21: Dragon Ball prequel is very reminicent of Supermans origins....oh look, Jaco's back! Anyway, One Punch Man is awesome etc etc etc.

The Maxx #6: A Savage Dragon crossover? Eh, i'll take it.

The Royals: Masters of War #3: Only comic where you'll see Prince Arthur tear a mans heart out of his own rib cage.

Mega-Man #36: Not to bad actualy. Might make this a regulare.

Godzilla Rulers of Earth #14: Gargantua vs. Godzilla!!!! And Space Godilla is back as well!

2000AD progs 1876 - 1879: Outlier is a bit meh really. Slaine too. Sin/Dex is utter shit. But Dredd and Jaiger are the bomb!