Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Comic Books (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/683-comic-books.html)

Hawkmonger 28th April 2013 04:44 PM

The Judge Dredd Complete Case Files are printed in B&W as thats how the majority of the page's where printed originaly. As due to paper stock it would be expensive to print the few colour pages in colour, they opted to go for complete B&W. The German edition you have is a translation of the colourised Eagle reprints most likely, very rare, keep onto it! Up until volume 13 it's all B&W on the same paper stock, after Twister in volume 13 it's predominently colour from there on in.

Hope this helped Zane.:)

zane 28th April 2013 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you a lot!

The German collection was done in 1982 by the Dutch (?) publisher Rijperman and collects four stories ranging from 6 to 15 pages.

Hawkmonger 28th April 2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 338229)
Thank you a lot!

The German collection was done in 1982 by the Dutch (?) publisher Rijperman and collects four stories ranging from 6 to 15 pages.

Never seen that collection before. If it's from the mid-80's though, it's liably sourced by the Eagle coloured reprints.;)

zane 28th April 2013 05:36 PM

So by reading The Complete Case Files, I basically get all the essential Judge Dredd, right?
Is it worth getting the first Vol. 1 of The Restricted Files now, or should I save it up for later?

Hawkmonger 28th April 2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 338238)

So by reading The Complete Case Files, I basically get all the essential Judge Dredd, right?
Is it worth getting the first Vol. 1 of The Restricted Files now, or should I save it up for later?

Restriced Files have no real bearing on continuity and are just annuel specials. Get them if you wan't a nice mix of comedy and typical action (they get progressivly poorer) but your money is better spent on The Complete Case Files or some of the newer collection such as Mandroid, Chief Judges Man, and Incubus.

keirarts 28th April 2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 338224)
I have a question and I hope it's in the right place here (I used google, but didn't really find the information I was looking for):

I just started reading Judge Dredd The Complete Case Files. I will finish Vol. 1 soon and I'm eager to buy Vol. 2 now.
Question: Is Judge Dredd generally printed in black & white and are all the Complete Case Files Volumes thus collecting the series in their original form?

(I also own a German translation of some Judge Dredd stories and they are in color)

Thanks in advance!

The early judge dredd was all origionally black and white, when you get to later progs it goes full colour. Personally the early B+W stuff is some of my favourite dredd. I'm one of the rare Walter the wobot fans!

zane 28th April 2013 07:03 PM

Yeah, I really enjoy Walter too! I also generally like those early stories quite a lot. Some are only average, but there is also a lot of great stuff like the revolution of the robots. And I kinda like that Judge Dredd shows a little bit of affection from time to time and even smiles in some ocassions.

Hawkmonger 28th April 2013 07:07 PM

Walter the Wobot > Jar-Jar Binks
At least Walter actualy does stuff, he kicked a perp once. :lol:
Oh, and wait until he [SPOILER ALERT!] Start's the second robot war [SPOILER ALERT!].

troggi 16th May 2013 06:12 PM

I realise that the majority of my fellow nerds are constantly "in the know" about these things but...Watch the Full Trailer For Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Avengers | News | Marvel.com

:woot::dance::rockon:

pedromonkey 16th May 2013 07:34 PM

Found all my comics yesterday, about 400 i think, ended up boxing them up and storing them, Quite a few issue 1's in there too.