Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree267Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th September 2017, 07:03 AM
Cult Master

The spirit of William Castle lives

If only she was insured for $1million...or there was a trained nurse in the foyer...or she had signed a document confirming she wouldn't sue the cinema of she died!

FACT CHECK: Woman Dies in Cinema While Watching 'It' Remake?
bleakshaun likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 13th September 2017, 07:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Deleted
Old 14th September 2017, 03:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

For you podcast fans, this one started a few weeks ago and I'm listening, just on the 2nd episode currently.

The Castle Rock TV Podcast – A fan podcast dedicated to the Hulu TV series Castle Rock by Stephen King and JJ Abrams. Hosted by Skipper Martin and Christopher DeFilippis.

It's essentially about the new Castle Rock TV series that is coming in 2018, but in the build up to that it's going to talk about the books which have been rumoured to be part of it. First up is IT. Eps 1-3 are talking about the book, 4 is the mini series and 5 is the movie. I don't know where they are going to go afterwards.

These are heavy on the spoilers as they are literally talking about things which happen in each chapter of the book.
Rik likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 14th September 2017, 10:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Silver Bullet and Cat's Eye German bd's have shipped!
Rik, Justin101 and iank like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th September 2017, 05:58 AM
Cult Master

As with most films that are made nowadays, it seems that the DVD release of 'It' is going to come as a 'Directors Cut', containing "at least" 15 minutes of extra material

SPOILER:
"Director Andrés Muschietti describes two scenes where the extra material will slot in:

One of the main additions to the IT director's cut will be a longer version of the quarry scene. After the spitting contest it escalates into something that is completely weird and irrelevant to the scene but is so funny. Jack Grazer, who plays Eddie, does something that is completely bonkers

There's a great scene, it's a bit of a payoff of the Stanley Uris plot which is the bar mitzvah, where he delivers a speech against all expectations... it's basically blaming all the adults of Derry [for the town's history of deadly accidents and child disappearances], and it has a great resolution...Maybe it will be in the director's cut!"

Old 16th September 2017, 12:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
As with most films that are made nowadays, it seems that the DVD release of 'It' is going to come as a 'Directors Cut', containing "at least" 15 minutes of extra material

SPOILER:
"Director Andrés Muschietti describes two scenes where the extra material will slot in:

One of the main additions to the IT director's cut will be a longer version of the quarry scene. After the spitting contest it escalates into something that is completely weird and irrelevant to the scene but is so funny. Jack Grazer, who plays Eddie, does something that is completely bonkers

There's a great scene, it's a bit of a payoff of the Stanley Uris plot which is the bar mitzvah, where he delivers a speech against all expectations... it's basically blaming all the adults of Derry [for the town's history of deadly accidents and child disappearances], and it has a great resolution...Maybe it will be in the director's cut!"
Only on 7K Ultra, Ultra HD with added Ultra. Dvd and Blu-ray buyers can go and **** themselves with a shorter than the theatrical version editors cut.
Rik, Justin101, Demoncrat and 2 others like this.
Old 20th September 2017, 06:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Out next week.

All 736 pages of it.

Justin101 likes this.
Old 24th September 2017, 06:37 AM
Cult Master

"An issue of the University of Maine's student newspaper [January 15, 1970 - Vol. 78, No. 15, ] from Stephen King's senior year at the university. King is listed on the masthead as a "Columnist" and his column, 'King's garbage truck' is included in this issue. Also, the cover illustration is a now-famous photograph of a long-haired Stephen King with a crazed expression on his face, a double-barreled shotgun pointed at the reader, and the caption exhortation 'Study, Dammit!!'

This is identified as 'a public service poster from the makers of: the Maine campus. King's column, interestingly, purports to be his Last Will and Testament (a not-unusual conceit for graduating seniors) and among his bequests are the following: 'To Norman Mailer, Philip Roth, and John Updike, I bequeath the hope that they will eventually learn to write like me' and 'To all my friends with long hair, weird clothes, and strange jewelry, I bequeath the reminder that all of that doesn't mean a damn thing if you don't grow it on the inside as well.'

Many others are included, almost all of them giving insight into King's values during these formative years.

An extremely early Stephen King appearance in print and possibly the first published photograph of him - certainly the first time his image appeared on a 'poster.'"

Another article from a later edition of the publication [1974] which reports on his success, and the fact that the rights to his first full length book, 'Carrie', have been bought by Doubleday and is expected to be published early in 1975!

nosferatu42 and bleakshaun like this.

Old 15th October 2017, 07:25 AM
Cult Master

Looking for a Halloween Scare? These 9 Books Scared Even Horror-Master Stephen King

Titles:

#9. Frankenstorm by Ray Garton
What Stephen King Said: “Remember when paperback originals were cool? Sex, action, suspense? Try Frankenstorm by Ray Garton. It’s old school.”

#8. The Accident by Chris Pavone
What Stephen King Said: “If you like real nail-biters, this is the best of so far this year.”

#7. A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay
What Stephen King Said: “Scared the living hell out of me, and I’m pretty hard to scare.”

#6. Broken Monsters by Lauren Beukes
What Stephen King Said: “Scary as hell and hypnotic. I couldn’t put it down.”

#5. The Killer Next Door by Alex Marwood
What Stephen King Said: “If you read Alex Marwood’s The Wicked Girls, her new one – The Killer Next Door – is even better. Scary as hell. Great characters.”

#4. Day Four by Sara Lotz
What Stephen King Said: “The new Sarah Lotz novel, Day Four, is really good. It’s the cruise ship from hell.”

#3. Niceville by Carsten Stroud
What Stephen King Said: “A crazy-good supernatural/crime/horror epic. Blew me away.”

#2. You by Caroline Kepnes
What Stephen King Said: “Hypnotic and scary. A little Ira Levin, a little Patricia Highsmith, and plenty of serious snark. Cool stuff.”

#1. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
What Stephen King Said: “Really great suspense novel. Kept me up most of the night. The alcoholic narrator is dead perfect.”
bleakshaun likes this.

Old 28th October 2017, 05:40 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Got the latest King hardback this week. The blue leaf lion is far nicer in the flesh than this pic makes out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4937 (Large).jpg (96.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4938 (Large).jpg (97.5 KB, 7 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!