Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Bronx Warriors Trilogy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th September 2009, 01:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Certainly not me that's for sure!

I feared we were gonna get lumped with Vipco's less-than-stellar editions.

All i can say is 'thank you Shameless' for giving these vintage Italian actioners a new lease of life in the U.K. and looking sooooooo good in steel!
Old 26th September 2009, 01:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
You forgot colour co-ordinated Not being sarcastic,I do it myself lol

Something else to obcess about.! lol
Old 27th September 2009, 06:05 PM
Cult Rookie

The italian audio track is present in these three films ?
Old 27th September 2009, 07:00 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

£17.99 from play Now thats what you call a steal! (tin)
Old 28th September 2009, 09:40 AM
Cult Rookie

come on guys great work with the other releases but can you please now get us THE ATLANTIS INTERCEPTORS this movie is so worthy of a release.
Old 28th September 2009, 10:19 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I said it before and I'll say it again,I'm really looking forward to this set.I saw Bronx Warriors more than 20 years ago but I can't really remember much about it.Never seen Escape From The Bronx or The New Barbarians but some posters for films make you just want to watch them.

I'd love to see the Ator movies starring Graeme Norton's favourite guest,Miles O'Keefe get the Shameless treatment as well.Although Just saw thate there were actually 4 Ator movies,the last not starring Miles O'Keefe
Old 28th September 2009, 11:48 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
I said it before and I'll say it again,I'm really looking forward to this set.I saw Bronx Warriors more than 20 years ago but I can't really remember much about it.Never seen Escape From The Bronx or The New Barbarians but some posters for films make you just want to watch them.
You've never seen EFTB and TNB?

Well, you're in for a treat is all i can say!
The former knocks spots off it's original offering imo.

I first saw BW back in glory days of VHS and i was influenced by a school mate who kept banging on about it. Like yourself, i couldn't recall much about the film and sorta lost interest in BW until i picked up a cheap copy of EIV's pre-cert in the late '90s. Upon watching Castellari's actioner again after so long i really enjoyed the movie and bought Unique's widescreen edition sometime later.
BW is just such a hoot, especially Vic Morrow (dubbed by the late Nick Alexander i think) going all OTT at the climax and laughing maniacally!

Vipco's DVD issue was of course a necessary purchase until the superior R1 release came along and showed Mike Lee how BW should really be treated on disc.
And now Shameless are blessing us with another impressive version of the film together with similarly worthy DVDs of BW2 and TNB. I think there's absolutely NO doubt that this imminent steel tin collection is by far the most attractively packaged compilation of Castellari's three vintage exploiters on DVD and i really can't imagine anything better looking coming along.
Old 28th September 2009, 11:53 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Nope never seen them and can't really remember anything about BW as I've only seen it once about 25yrs ago.Hard for me to remember last week let alone a quater of a century ago lol.I shall of course remedy this situation with this spiffing new release
Old 28th September 2009, 12:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I doint like the first BW but part 2 and The New Barbarians are well worth a watch. BW 2 is just non stop action and the imdb claims the death count is 174! And NB is worth it just for the crappy sound fx the cars and guns make.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 28th September 2009, 12:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Glad to hear it, StevoJ and i'm quite sure the BW trilogy tin will be well worth the money.

£17.99 for such a formidable looking release is all good imo and i'm looking forward to pre-ordering my own copy later this week!

Like this? Share it using the links below!