Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Bronx Warriors Trilogy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd February 2010, 04:34 PM
Cult Rookie

Just watched the first film, and it's great. Yeah it's a bit corny, and the real life Bronx gangs wasn't really like that, but you can't deny that this was very entertaining.

I can't believe Mark Gregory has disappeared in to obscurity, and no one knows where he is, or what he's up too.
Old 2nd February 2010, 06:39 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Just finished watching The Trilogy for the first time. Wasn't so impressed with the 1st one but the second and third I thoroughly enjoyed

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 2nd February 2010, 07:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yeah, I think Escape from the Bronx and New Barbarians are better.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 2nd February 2010, 07:28 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
Yeah, I think Escape from the Bronx and New Barbarians are better.
Agreed... a lot more action in Escape..., and New Barbarians is particularly enjoyable as cheesy kitsch.

Odd, though, to hear (on commentary track) that the director rates 1st of the movies a 'serious' piece, and dissmisses other 2 as lesser works!
Old 5th February 2010, 02:12 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

I'm actually the other way around. Bronx 2 is definately the best, Bronx 1 is enjoyable but average; Barbarians though I could barely get through.
Old 5th February 2010, 03:51 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGGPodcast View Post
I'm actually the other way around. Bronx 2 is definately the best, Bronx 1 is enjoyable but average; Barbarians though I could barely get through.
Fully agree.
Old 5th February 2010, 07:14 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Bronx 2 is certainly the best.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th February 2010, 12:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Bronx 2 is certainly the best.
No question about it.
More action, more violence, a more loathsome villain, maybe more memorable characters and maybe more uninentional laughs too!

The first BW also has it's fair share of the above elements but i think this is one of those rare cases where the sequel outdoes the original.

TNB is probably the weakest of all three Castellari actioners but the film's still an enjoyable enough radiation ravaged romp if you're in a forgiving mood. There are, however, superior post-apocalypse efforts out there we all know it.
Old 6th February 2010, 05:52 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I've still got a brand new copy for sale, if you know anyone who's interested. I purposefully bought an extra box as I realised people were struggling to get hold of a copy. But now I've got it no one seems to be interested

Brand new still in cellophane, only 20 quid plus whatever p+p is on top of that. I'm not making any profit here. Just wanted to do someone a favour

Anyone??

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 7th February 2010, 03:34 PM
Cult Rookie

Is the Bronx Warrior box set extremely limited edition or something? I can't seem to find it online anywhere. I saw it the other day in my local HMV and wanted to check I wasn't paying over the odds at 20 quid. I'll be honest I havent read this thread so apologies if its already been mentioned in detail.

Like this? Share it using the links below!