Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Bronx Warriors Trilogy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2010, 03:39 PM
Active Cultist

Personally I think the first movie in the trilogy is the best by some distance. The other two are great but the first has a vibe that I dont see in the other two. Must be the bikers and the drummer.
Old 7th February 2010, 05:01 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEF View Post
Is the Bronx Warrior box set extremely limited edition or something? I can't seem to find it online anywhere. I saw it the other day in my local HMV and wanted to check I wasn't paying over the odds at 20 quid. I'll be honest I havent read this thread so apologies if its already been mentioned in detail.
There has been a lack of stock but more is on the way this month so hopefully will be available online here soon - we'll be passing that news on as soon as we know more.
Old 7th February 2010, 05:18 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEF View Post
Is the Bronx Warrior box set extremely limited edition or something? I can't seem to find it online anywhere. I saw it the other day in my local HMV and wanted to check I wasn't paying over the odds at 20 quid. I'll be honest I havent read this thread so apologies if its already been mentioned in detail.
PAYING OVER THE ODDS!!! 3 restored and remastered films in a presentation box is a bloody steal for 20 nicker. when the vipco versions were first released i paid 15 each for them.
Old 7th February 2010, 05:33 PM
Cult Rookie

Oh yeah I'm happy to pay 20 quid for it but I'd kick my self if I saw it on HMV.com or Play much cheaper the next day. Seeing as I got Street Trash for the bargin price of £5.99 at HMV.com it stands to reason its worth looking about to get the best price for Shameless and Arrow DVDs. I'd be happy to pay more as long as its the cheapest its available for.
Old 8th February 2010, 07:13 PM
Cult Rookie

I enjoyed every moment of this trilogy, great fun. My favourite of the three would have to be Escape from the Bronx which I thought was the second but after watching New Barbarians with the fact track on soon found out it was the third.
Old 8th February 2010, 07:16 PM
Cultist

Exclamation

Hi guys and gals!
I just took the time to watch 1990 Bronx Warriors an Escape from Bronx!
They are really cool!
Shameless did a good job on these dvd's!
The sound quality was much better on E.f.B. than 1990 B.W!

However my questions concerns the sequel E.f.B!

# There are 2 or 3 inserted scenes (black bars vertical and horizontal around the picture and the picture is smaller because of these bars) at the end of the movie!
Are these inserted scenes prolonging this movie?

# At the beginning of this movie I see a guy that is thrown out of a window on second floor or he jumps out and before he lands he tumbles around!
On the ground the disinfectors are cleaning the streets from scum and pulls this guy away that came flying from the 2nd floor!

I watched the VIPCO dvd long time ago and I can't remember, this scene to appear like this on VIPCO version!
If I'm not misstaking there was another angle of such similar scene when a guy is thrown or jumps out of a building from the 2nd floor, he lands on the ground!
This scene was not present on SHAMELESS edition!

The scene I'm talking about is when a dude is flying from the second floor at the beginning of the movie or from a scene when the disinfectors torches TRASH's parents, I am not exactly shure here?
I remember the VIPCO version to be different in one scene!
Correct me if I'm wrong!
Old 8th February 2010, 07:22 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Probably ain't a lot of folk got Vipco versions left to compare them....probably all own a superior company's superior disc.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 9th February 2010, 01:39 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I got the VIPCO BW / BW 2 double disc set as my HMV has'nt had the Shamless release in yet, though I do plan to get it once in stock.
Im a 'buy it instore guy' as I like to support stores who sell Cult films by instore buying.

I paid £22 for the VIPCO double disc set in my local indie shop but HMV were selling the BW discs at £19.99 each, and that was about 6 years ago.
I was very surprised to hear the Shamless Tin Box was only £19.99 as I expected to pay about £35 for it.
£19.99 , nice one Almar.!
Old 9th February 2010, 02:37 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Glad you're happy - especially as you are a Vipco fan at heart!
Old 9th February 2010, 02:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx ratnik View Post

# At the beginning of this movie I see a guy that is thrown out of a window on second floor or he jumps out and before he lands he tumbles around!
On the ground the disinfectors are cleaning the streets from scum and pulls this guy away that came flying from the 2nd floor!

I watched the VIPCO dvd long time ago and I can't remember, this scene to appear like this on VIPCO version!
If I'm not misstaking there was another angle of such similar scene when a guy is thrown or jumps out of a building from the 2nd floor, he lands on the ground!
This scene was not present on SHAMELESS edition!

The scene I'm talking about is when a dude is flying from the second floor at the beginning of the movie or from a scene when the disinfectors torches TRASH's parents, I am not exactly shure here?
I remember the VIPCO version to be different in one scene!
Correct me if I'm wrong!

This quote from Almar should answer your question:

The Shameless version of 'Bronx Warriors 2' will play as 'Escape From the Bronx' - that titling plays for five secs against a background scene of man falling out of a window and being beaten to pulp by silver-clad goons whereas Vipco’s was called: “Bronx Warriors 2” which meant they cut that 5 secs scene above but replaced it by having copied (and therefore playing twice in their version) same seconds of goons walking about.

Other cut material has been restored including a few secs of a car doing nothing particular... but the other scene (and I suspect the reason for the previous UK cut) is a young boy shooting someone –dead- and his Dad (good role model) saying “well done” ...

The Vipco dvd ran for 85:35, while the Shameless dvd runs for 85:50.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Like this? Share it using the links below!