Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:41 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobral View Post
To tell the truth, I thought the licensing agreement simply allowed the label to release it, generally speaking, regardless of the format, looks like I was wrong...
No, licensing agreements can cover a lot including what languages are included, whether or not it can be region free and so on.

I suppose it's the licensor protecting their own interest. My guess is this way they'll be able to distribute the BD in Italy with Italian audio without competition from the Shameless BD. They'll probably license it to other distributors with other language choices. Hey presto, you've licensed your film several times, rather than just once!
Old 6th October 2011, 11:16 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

This event at Brunel University may be of interest to some of you: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/cour...holocaust.html
Old 8th October 2011, 08:51 PM
Active Cultist

I'm in a dilemma whether to buy the dvd or the blu-ray edition of CH. How big of a difference is the picture quality between them, does the bitrate differ a lot? And how is the subtitles on the dvd? True subtitles, 'dubtitles' or SDH?

Also... is this dvd actually "limited" in any way?
www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/20141218/-/Product.html?P36=VJ7JVR&affid=finddvd&awc=buyat&_$ ja=tsid:11516|prd:finddvd

Thanx!!
Old 8th October 2011, 09:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amertume View Post
I'm in a dilemma whether to buy the dvd or the blu-ray edition of CH. How big of a difference is the picture quality between them, does the bitrate differ a lot? And how is the subtitles on the dvd? True subtitles, 'dubtitles' or SDH?

Also... is this dvd actually "limited" in any way?
www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/20141218/-/Product.html?P36=VJ7JVR&affid=finddvd&awc=buyat&_$ ja=tsid:11516|prd:finddvd

Thanx!!
Do what I did and buy both, you won't regret it
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th October 2011, 09:51 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I don't think the DVD is limited, but it does have an Italian track with English subtitles which are absent from the Blu-ray. That has a crystal clear English track but no subtitles.

I haven't watched the DVD yet, so can't comment on the AV quality but, as Rik said, the best thing is to buy both -- I have and I'm glad I have them.
Old 9th October 2011, 07:38 PM
Active Cultist

Thanx. I would buy both if I had lots of cash, but for now one of them will have to suffice. Tough decision, since I'm getting more and more curious about the audio on the dvd.

Decisions decisions.
Old 9th October 2011, 07:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I haven't watched the dvd yet, so I can't comment on that, but the Blu looks and sounds amazing IMO
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th October 2011, 10:29 PM
Active Cultist

Yeah, you're prolly right.
But then again, I definitely prefer spending money on DVD/BDs that includes subtitles.
Would love to see a subtitle sample before deciding which one to go for.

Will buy it as soon as possible, but first I need more dough...
seems like I need some time to think, as well.

Last edited by Amertume; 9th October 2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12th October 2011, 10:55 AM
Cult Rookie

I got my Cannibal Holocaust Blu ray last week and it's absolutely gorgeous, however my disc has 2 problems: the trailers for House, Duckling and Ripper have no audio and the part where Deodato explains about the animal violence in the new cut is all distorted, the picture stops and moves while the audio stays normal. Is this a known issue or am I the lucky owner of a defective disc? The movie itself plays fine, though I've only watched the new edit.
Old 12th October 2011, 11:38 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

If it isn't your Blu-ray player, the disc must either be scratched or incorrectly printed as I've just checked my copy and the trailers and Deodato's introduction to his new edit plays perfectly.

Could you try the disc with another player and see if the same problems occur?

Like this? Share it using the links below!