Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th November 2009, 02:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
What happens?
I added screencaps on The Worldwidedvdforums in the UKDVDCUTS section ages ago.The two horses are supposed bought down with rifles or spears aimed at their legs.(obvious wire-trips though)& land headfirst in both instances (Probable neck-breaks)
Old 13th November 2009, 02:10 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I agree Mark. Absolutely atrocious. Most horsefalls are bad but they must be among the worst.

I don't have any problem with the BBFC removing shots like this, but I wish the editors would do a better job. The ones in Ulzana's Raid and Conan The Destroyer look ridiculous.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 13th November 2009, 02:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

LINK:-
http://home.worldwidedvdforums.com/f...hp?f=2&t=16209
Both horses had just completed full somersaults.Looks like rifles not spears wielded by Gordon's soldiers.The second shot looks like a possible neck break.Horrible.
Old 13th November 2009, 02:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
I agree Mark. Absolutely atrocious. Most horsefalls are bad but they must be among the worst.

I don't have any problem with the BBFC removing shots like this, but I wish the editors would do a better job. The ones in Ulzana's Raid and Conan The Destroyer look ridiculous.
It's a shame that the distributors can't remove them all & redo them in CGI.Hence no cuts.
Old 13th November 2009, 02:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Neither do i. Some edits are done well though. I had no idea where the cut was in Keoma.

Man Called Blade
has some nasty falls, all of which are in the trailer.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 13th November 2009, 02:45 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
It's a shame that the distributors can't remove them all & redo them in CGI.Hence no cuts.
Yes I agree. Ditto for cockfights.
Old 13th November 2009, 04:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Neither do i. Some edits are done well though. I had no idea where the cut was in Keoma.

Man Called Blade
has some nasty falls, all of which are in the trailer.
The one in Keoma is also in the UKDVDCUTS list from an uncut ITV 4 screening I recorded.Movies4Men screened it uncut till they were obviously warned.They also used to show the truly horrendous & prolonged snake stabbing/slashing in Franco's 99 Women (Cut from the Redemption video.).Not sure if that's cut too now,as I recorded it ages ago.
Old 13th November 2009, 04:20 PM
Ex-member

Quote:

As does the one in "The Warrior" (the modern martial arts/swordplay flick). Destroys the entire scene.
Old 13th November 2009, 04:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak View Post
As does the one in "The Warrior" (the modern martial arts/swordplay flick). Destroys the entire scene.
I've only ever seen the cut UK disc,but for video especially the cuts to horse-trips were excessive.With dvd & better editing the cuts can be reduced to an odd second or too.Having said that,the cuts to Light At The Edge Of the World (1971) on dvd are heavy handed.About half a minute for a fall lasting 2-3 seconds.This is also in the UKDVDCUTS section & I've added screencaps from the OOP r1 disc from Image.
Old 13th November 2009, 07:00 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
I always assumed the bbfc shortened the dog fight at the start.
Hi all. This site is a nightmare (in a good way). I pop by occasionally to catch up on new releases etc, and find I'm still here hours later! Good job I don't have a social life, eh
The last 40 pages of this thread have been fascinating. You guys really know your stuff. Anyway, reason I quoted Loops post above, was that this is a film I've always yearned to see again (I'm a huge Bronson fan. The silent tough guy routine always wins me over. 'Hard Times' being my fav), but I have vague recollections of seeing a TV viewing of 'Death Hunt' years back where the early dog fight really upset me (admittedly I was young & had 2 dogs at the time, so perhaps I was more sensitive). I recall it looking so real, I couldn't believe it was staged. I know this was covered early on in this thread, but does anybody know if the dog fight was genuinely faked? The lack of a R2 release always makes me wonder whether it looked real, because it was.
There's a reasonably priced widescreen region 0 copy available on eBay, which I'm tempted to buy, but (feeling a real sissy now ) kind of need to know that "no dogs were harmed in the making of this film", before I open my wallet & let the Queen see daylight. Apart from that, I recall it being a great man-hunt movie, a genre which I love.

Well, I don't post much, but bloody hell, I make up for it when I do, eh?
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!