All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree356Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th October 2013, 12:13 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Many faces of Stephen Lewis

Old 27th October 2013, 11:13 AM
Cult Acolyte

Loved Stephen Lewis as Blakey (aka Dracula)
Apparently, he was younger than both Bob Grant and Reg Varney.
trebor8273 and Rondadoronron like this.
Old 25th January 2014, 12:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default nightmare continues

Old 25th January 2014, 12:40 PM
Cultist

Absolute classic TV . The films are excellent too,love em. Have to say , Jacks teeth make me wince lol.
Old 26th January 2014, 09:26 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
Loved Stephen Lewis as Blakey (aka Dracula)
Apparently, he was younger than both Bob Grant and Reg Varney.
Always loved the series,the underrated movies & own the lot.In fact even my 18 year old daughter has it too having enjoyed it since she was in her early teens.The cast was perfect after Doris Hare replaced Cicely Courtneidge for series 3.Reg was around 53 when the series started in 1969 but Lewis was only about 33 !.
Rondadoronron likes this.
Old 27th January 2014, 11:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Notice the Lambs Navy Rum posters outside the Bus Garage. Cult star Caroline Munro was picked by Hammer after seeing these posters.

Old 8th February 2014, 10:53 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default On The Buses Tv Series

Been re-watching the entire On the Buses TV show over the last few weeks,in fact ive watched it so much so i have started to wake up in the morning thinking it is the 1970's ans where's me chopper ( no not my penis or my axe,but the greatest bike ever made).
Im in a love or hate situation at the moment,it was genuinely funny programme,although I think the films were marginally better (Hammer Box office smash people) ,but after 7 series it did go downnhill with a couple of major cast members leaving towards the end.
Thre only major criticism aside from the sexism (im not a lady so ill skip that hot potatoe) is that the only black character was called Chalkie,totally unnesesary but those were the times im afraid.
Overall a great box set a few nice extras and highly recommended for 70's Tv nostalgia fans,now where did I put my Curry and Chips dvd,Oh yes I remember in the bin where it belongs.

Old 8th February 2014, 11:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I embarked on a similar pursuit a few years ago and watched all 7 series in order . It's a shame the series took a bit of a nosedive after series 5. Some of the later episodes, like 'On the Omnibuses' are truly awful and difficult to get through! It was only when Stan left and they brought Olive's character to the fore that you realised how irritating she was and started to sympathise with old 'Arfur's plight!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 8th February 2014, 12:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default on board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I embarked on a similar pursuit a few years ago and watched all 7 series in order . It's a shame the series took a bit of a nosedive after series 5. Some of the later episodes, like 'On the Omnibuses' are truly awful and difficult to get through! It was only when Stan left and they brought Olive's character to the fore that you realised how irritating she was and started to sympathise with old 'Arfur's plight!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
The lose of Michael Robbins after series 6 was definately a downward turn,then to have Stan (Reg Varney) leave in the middle of series 7 was truly odd.Also the whole series in general missed an oppurtunity to add pathos to stan's character after he gets twarted by family/Blakey/women in general,which Galton And Simpson did with Harold steptoe.Still it was nice to see stephen Lewis and Bob Grant write some episodes.
Old 8th February 2014, 05:06 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
. It's a shame the series took a bit of a nosedive after series 5.
I felt it took a nosedive just after the opening credits of the first episode.

Like this? Share it using the links below!