Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th April 2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 601182)
Just stick with my arrow version as there is bound to be a problem with the transfer and as usual there will be zero extras.

Obviously not actually read the announcement then. :lol:

Quote:

NEW EXTRAS -

• ‘Emily’s Eyes’ – an interview with actress Cinzia Monreale with English subtitles.

• ‘Arachnophobia’ – an interview with actor Michele Mirabella with English subtitles.

• ‘Murder, They Wrote’ – a unique interview with scriptwriter Giorgio Mariuzzo on working with Lucio Fulci with English subtitles.

• THE BEYOND prologue four-way comparison, showing: The Standard Sepia + the Original Colour + the B&W version + the new fourth-way: the Yellow-toned sepia version.

ARCHIVE EXTRAS -

• Sergio Salvati audio commentary with English subtitles

• Catriona McCall and David Warbeck audio commentary

• Lucio Fulci banter on set (short)
There are more extras on this than the Arrow one going off the Amazon spec.
.................................................. ......................

I'm not sure why there's any need for this release. Didn't the Arrow version come out in 2017? Just two years ago.

trebor8273 5th April 2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 601185)
Obviously not actually read the announcement then. :lol:

I'm not sure why there's any need for this release. Didn't the Arrow version come out in 2017? Just two years ago.

No, it's shameless so was 99% certain it would have none. But they bound to screw the release up someway

Dave 5th April 2019 01:47 PM

Thankfully I have the Arrow and Grindhouse Editions.

Oh when will it end...

Dave 5th April 2019 01:51 PM

That's about as exciting as hearing vipco resurrected and releasing The Hitcher.

fuzzymctiger 5th April 2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 601183)
Pretty disappointed, won't be buying it :( Hopefully there will be another worldwide release coming, I presume Grindhouse still have it in the US, although it's out of print. I'd be happy if Scorpion pick it up, or Umbrella in Aus.

Sadly Shock/Cinema Cult have it in Australia so it won't get any better than a woeful barebones port with something wrong with it.

J Harker 5th April 2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 601185)
Obviously not actually read the announcement then. [emoji38]

The original Arrow release came out in 2011. I still have it and have no intention of upgrading for this.

Justin101 5th April 2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 601194)
Sadly Shock/Cinema Cult have it in Australia so it won't get any better than a woeful barebones port with something wrong with it.

They're the ones who famously release upscales aren't they :(

Rik 5th April 2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 601195)
The original Arrow release came out in 2011. I still have it and have no intention of upgrading for this.

You mean downgrading, it is Shameless after all :lol:

fuzzymctiger 5th April 2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 601196)
They're the ones who famously release upscales aren't they :(

Wouldn't say that's a big thing, although I could see how they get that reputation as their most internationally significant releases, the Warhol horrors, Dracula was 1080i poor HD and Frankenstein was a 1080i upscale.

Other than that, they're generally decent ports of international transfers, done at a small filesize and bitrate, with barebones audio (sometimes lossy) and no extras.

WowBobWow 5th April 2019 03:20 PM

I would never buy a Shameless release prior to reviews. I already have the Arrow release and if anything Shameless would probably manage to make it worse.