Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

Pete 25th July 2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 260217)
Have not seen either of those, but if Bloodstained Shadow is as good as Watch me When I kill, then I'll be a happy man.

It's much better.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 260215)
Yes, the Nouveaux pictures release and pretty good it is too. According to Find DVD, it seems to be readily available.

Doesn't this suggest it is an unlikely release?

Nemesis 25th July 2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 260221)
It's much better.

That's good to know :)

I know BU has already got a version out there but still I'd still like to see a domestic release.

Nemesis 25th July 2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 260222)
Doesn't this suggest it is an unlikely release?

It does but there are conflicting signals. The BVA still lists Amsterdamned, Suspiria blu and THWLW as in print under Nouveaux, but I read on the forum that the Suspiria blu seems to have gone oop and Amsterdamned certainly looks oop on Find DVD.

THWLW is the odd man out. What makes this so surprising, if it is a Shameless release, is that there will be no usp. The PQ was solid and it has Italian dialogue with English Subtitles- how could Shameless improve upon this? There would be no easy way to upgrade, except for extras and a possible blu release.

Baseball Fury 25th July 2012 03:46 PM

Along the same lines, assuming Shameless have signed some kind of deal with Nouveaux and their releases head OOP, are we looking at a potential Shameless BD of Suspiria?

Crimson Blade 25th July 2012 03:48 PM

I'd rather that Shameless brought out some more BD's.
Preferably with Edwige Fenech in them. :)

Nemesis 25th July 2012 03:50 PM

I suspect we're beginning to see some shift away from blu in some quarters. We know about BU and how they're not putting out brand new blus and repackaging old films. MoC also seem to be taking a curious position - with their new slate, they're releasing DVD only releases of the films, even though there are DVDs in the dual format version. Does this suggest they're more confident with dvd rather than blu?

The big question for Shameless is how well did FFOGV and CH do on blu?

You read about how it costs 4-6 more times to manufactures blus as to DVDs - maybe blus are becoming too much of a risk in these times. I hope Scorpion gets to score some hits as a newcomer.

Hawkmonger 25th July 2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedorca (Post 260202)
And based on my new theory I am going to stick my neck out and say that SHAM 37 is either

Short Night of the Glass Dolls

OR

The Bloodstained Shadow

which would fit in perfectly with previous Shameless releases

:pray:

Please no! I have these on pre-order from Blue Underground!:lol:

Hawkmonger 25th July 2012 03:54 PM

Oh! Giallo A Venizzia has a canal in it.:loco:

Baseball Fury 25th July 2012 03:55 PM

To be honest, I fear they don't need them. I think the core of their market is people that will buy it because it's in a yellow box, rather than what it is. I'm not knocking people for that, I do it with MoC and Arrow Video BD's, but I think it's a reflection of the current collectors market.