Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New Shameless Releases Coming Very Soon! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-shameless-titles/9169-new-shameless-releases-coming-very-soon.html)

PaulD 1st May 2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shel (Post 338937)
Have they gone dormant due to low sales of their blu-rays? Probably help if they released uncut features in the format.

I think it's more the uncertainty of HMV's future that would have made them reticent in any further releases for the time being. The majority of their sales come from the high street

shel 1st May 2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 338939)
I think it's more the uncertainty of HMV's future that would have made them reticent in any further releases for the time being. The majority of their sales come from the high street

That makes sense, I forget that people still buy things from brick n mortar places (and at those prices!). Arrow seem to be doing the opposite these days with releases speeding up.

PaulD 1st May 2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shel (Post 338942)
That makes sense, I forget that people still buy things from brick n mortar places (and at those prices!). Arrow seem to be doing the opposite these days with releases speeding up.

I know. It might not have been the case recently but there was definite confirmation from Almar on here who said that's where most of their revenue comes from. I was incredibly surprised although I could imagine the eye-catching covers inspiring a blind buy

shel 2nd May 2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 338943)
I know. It might not have been the case recently but there was definite confirmation from Almar on here who said that's where most of their revenue comes from. I was incredibly surprised although I could imagine the eye-catching covers inspiring a blind buy

The same thing happened with the gaudy VHS covers when I was young 'un looking around the local video shop so I can see this!

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd May 2013 01:02 PM

It seems the HMV website will be up and running soon so you never know, Shameless might rise from their slumber.

JAMIOUSE 2nd May 2013 06:32 PM

It does seem strange that most of Shameless's revenue comes from highstreet sales, in this day and age almost everyone I know buys their DVD's and Blu's online. I always kinda thought people would do the same with Shameless and Arrow titles, if only to avoid 'those' looks from the counter staff. It's like buying an adult title and saying it's for a friend!

shel 2nd May 2013 08:32 PM

You're not wrong there! For me though the incentive for online buying is the massive price difference between online and in store. I've always found it easy to resist impulse buys in hmv because of that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

themanfromhongkong 2nd May 2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 339070)
I always kinda thought people would buy their Shameless and Arrow titles online , if only to avoid 'those' looks from the counter staff.

I know what you mean, but I remember buying Strip Nude For Your Killer and they just grinned at me - maybe that's worse though!

shel 2nd May 2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanfromhongkong (Post 339104)
I know what you mean, but I remember buying Strip Nude For Your Killer and they just grinned at me - maybe that's worse though!

I remember eye rolling from the shop assistant when I bought Oasis of the zombies and Zombie Lake dvds so I can imagine the grin when buying that!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd May 2013 09:25 PM

Ha!
I remember buying Silence of the Lambs and Child's play on vhs in Virgin in Stirling when I had my eldest daughter in the buggy...the look I got from the sales assistant....:laugh: