Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Gaming (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What are you playing? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/gaming/1534-what-you-playing.html)

Mahoney32 24th September 2010 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 104277)
The Club is a basic but fun arcade shooter, you start at point of of the map , ie the prison level its your cell , and run and gun your way to point B. the front gate. There are a few variations to the game like Time limit were you have say 3 mins to complete the level so you can shoot clocks dotted round the map to extend time , but at heart its basically just a run & gun arcade shooter, with a flimysy story to set the reason your doing this, but the story plays a big second place to the game.
The weapons are fun with pistols, assault rifles, SMG's 's, and RPG 7's lying round the map.
Good ,but only if you get it cheap.

Thanks for the reply. You could possibly pick up a copy of THE CLUB down your local supermarket for £10 or so now. Or Pre-owned at your local GAME etc...
You gave great advice there, Would buy this one on the cheap for sure, I like the look of it to be honest. TESCO has some great deals on certain older titles, these day's . Worth checking from time to time. There's lot's of bargains to be found at some of the big chains etc...

Mahoney32 24th September 2010 02:06 AM

HALO REACH/ TEAM SLAYER:
Put almost two full "Needler" clips into someone earlier, and the f**ker still didn't die! What the Hell is going on here? People who pull out of a match, immediately after it begins, get on my nerves too. As this freezes and delay's the match for everyone else for a short time period. This is really off putting.
Stop wasting our time. If your gonna play, then play. You can't just keep dipping in and out of a match all the time. It spoils everybody else's fun.
And if your wondering why you keep losing matches, then it's because your not working as a TEAM. It's TEAM SLAYER remember?
People who join my friends list and then don't bother to ever play with me, are a bit annoying too. Those idiots have been removed, trust me. Time wasters! lol
Some idiot told me that he was gonna "kill you into next week, bitch!". I took that little bitch down hard. The fun never ends...

kingofwitches666 24th September 2010 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 104277)
The Club is a basic but fun arcade shooter, you start at point of of the map , ie the prison level its your cell , and run and gun your way to point B. the front gate. There are a few variations to the game like Time limit were you have say 3 mins to complete the level so you can shoot clocks dotted round the map to extend time , but at heart its basically just a run & gun arcade shooter, with a flimysy story to set the reason your doing this, but the story plays a big second place to the game.
The weapons are fun with pistols, assault rifles, SMG's 's, and RPG 7's lying round the map.
Good ,but only if you get it cheap.

I have a copy of this languishing in pile of old 360 games in my cupboard somewhere. Might dust it off & have a bash. Been a while since I've played it. :nod:

Phats 24th September 2010 11:55 AM

Has anyone else got Dead Rising 2 today? I received it first thing this morning along with Civilisation V but due to having to go to work, I haven't been able to play either yet. I'm guessing I'll spend most of my time on Dead Rising 2 this weekend.

mercury 25th September 2010 05:55 PM

Got the new F1 game for ps3 yesterday. I am disappionted:mmph: The game itself does look good, but I don't think it looks as good as other racers. The gameplay is what is driving me mad:crazy: This game to me has the same issues as Need for speed shift; they have made it too responsive. This means that it is very easy to spin out of a corner. I put full traction control on and this did help alot, unless I went on the grass or gravel; then spinning is the only outcome. The racing was quite good with the other drivers being very hard to keep up with(I chose the hardest setting).
In a way I think if you are good at this game then you will like it. I think that just because I used to be awsome at racing games:blush: then I still should be. So maybe I have just lost it and that's that. I shall see what Gran Turismo and NFS offer; I have high hopes for them.

Bring back the days of F1 97. I was unbeatable at that game:nod:

mbv 26th September 2010 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phats (Post 104545)
Has anyone else got Dead Rising 2 today? I received it first thing this morning along with Civilisation V but due to having to go to work, I haven't been able to play either yet. I'm guessing I'll spend most of my time on Dead Rising 2 this weekend.

My wife surprised me with a copy if this yesterday so gave it a blast last night. Never played the original on xbox but so glad it came to ps3. Who wouldn't love chopping up zombies with chainsaws, sledgehammers and axes. It's very funny too, had a great time shooting the zombies with a water pistol and watching them flinch.
The online matches are hilarious especially the one you have to fling zombies onto a platform via antlers on your helmet.

Mahoney32 26th September 2010 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 104819)
Got the new F1 game for ps3 yesterday. I am disappionted:mmph: The game itself does look good, but I don't think it looks as good as other racers. The gameplay is what is driving me mad:crazy: This game to me has the same issues as Need for speed shift; they have made it too responsive. This means that it is very easy to spin out of a corner. I put full traction control on and this did help alot, unless I went on the grass or gravel; then spinning is the only outcome. The racing was quite good with the other drivers being very hard to keep up with(I chose the hardest setting).
In a way I think if you are good at this game then you will like it. I think that just because I used to be awsome at racing games:blush: then I still should be. So maybe I have just lost it and that's that. I shall see what Gran Turismo and NFS offer; I have high hopes for them.

I've heard that GRAN TURISMO is meant to be a good game, I think you can race on the TOP GEAR track too. Worth checking out. Not sure if this one is on the 360 as well, otherwise I might of checked that one out myself. It's on PS3 though.

vipco 26th September 2010 02:52 PM

I still play F1 Champ Ed (PS3) and was early awaiting Codies F1 game as the Neon / EGO engine has provided me with months of racing fun with DIRT 1 & 2, and GRID , but the lack of a Demo is always a bad sign , especially as CM provided Demo's for the above 3 games well in advance of the actual full game release so i've decided to wait and get a few actual Gamers thoughts on the game over at the CM forums .
To be honest I dreaded CM getting the F1 licence as I expected them to give us handeling similar to the open wheelers in GRID that grip the road in a very unrealistic manner.
I love sim racers like GT, Forza, Nascar , Race Pro and Supercar Challenge.

Gran Turismo is a great game Mahoney , even the PSP version is special .
GT5 will feature NASCAR for the first time (EA lost the licence) as well as cars from the world of RALLY, GT, DTM, V8 Supercar, Le Manns Series and of course every make of road car under the sun from the humble Volkswaggon Beetle to the hottest street legal Ferrari , all available in any colour that manufacturer makes them in, all you need is the $ to buy them and earn the correct licence to drive them via the games famous driving school.
Real life tracks / venues mix with great designed fictious road , Off Road and Circuit tracks including the Top Gear test track , to provide the best driving experience on Console. I say 'driving' as in past GT games including GT5 Prolouge the A.I. did'nt so much race you , but took the optium 'line' round each course. Still quite a challenge , and dynamic style racing is being touted for this years outing.......Nov. 2011 (PS3)

Mahoney32 26th September 2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 104491)
I have a copy of this languishing in pile of old 360 games in my cupboard somewhere. Might dust it off & have a bash. Been a while since I've played it. :nod:

I love discovering stuff in my cupboards, like a video or a game, that I haven't seen or played for a long long time. Then dusting it down, and checking it out. Approaching them with a fresh pair of eyes...

vipco 26th September 2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 104819)

Theres some cracking new Racers on the way Mercury besides NFS Hot Pursuit and GT5 , including Motorstorm Apocalyspe, Test Drive Unlimited 2 Ibiza, Blood Drive, WRC, DIRT 3, Moto X, Twisted Metal , BLUR 2 (blur 1 was excellent) Split Second 2 , to name a few off the top of my head, theres also another NFS Shift planned as well as a slew of vechile based games , DRIVER springs to mind , though there are more .