Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Gaming (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What are you playing? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/gaming/1534-what-you-playing.html)

Mahoney32 12th September 2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjarbar (Post 101584)
Yea - I read your post about the warthog incident, I would have done the same as well. Probably with the rocket launcher!:clap:

Yeah, I wouldn't want to serving in the military with this guy, thats for sure!

Inspector Tanzi 12th September 2010 07:29 PM

Kane & Lynch 2 - not sure if I like it or not at the moment.

I can't play first person games as they make me feel sick and giddy, I'm normally alright with third person games but this does it to me a little bit.

Mahoney32 12th September 2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 100547)
this is funny as hell....oh and it's game related....

YouTube - Jacob, Get Off The Xbox 360.

Hey, If you haven't seen this video sent in by PEDROMONKEY, then check it out, its pretty funny. Watched it 6 times at least....

Mahoney32 12th September 2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 101593)
Kane & Lynch 2 - not sure if I like it or not at the moment.

I can't play first person games as they make me feel sick and giddy, I'm normally alright with third person games but this does it to me a little bit.

Hi, the two KANE AND LYNCH games both had mixed, or average reviews. Being part 2, this should be an improvement, but it seems not...
I think I will give them a miss. Read in a magazine that the online multiplayer is good though. Better off with something like RED DEAD REDEMPTION, or REACH...

Tymishu 14th September 2010 10:13 PM

Just got Halo: Reach about 3 hours ago, and it's pretty damn good!

Mahoney32 14th September 2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tymishu (Post 102052)
Just got Halo: Reach about 3 hours ago, and it's pretty damn good!

Me too, I like it a lot, In the middle of the campaign at moment. the online play, is pretty full-on aswell.
They have made a lot of improvements on this one, over the other HALO gams.
Graphics are quality, a good looking game.

Tymishu 14th September 2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahoney32 (Post 102064)
Me too, I like it a lot, In the middle of the campaign at moment. the online play, is pretty full-on aswell.
They have made a lot of improvements on this one, over the other HALO gams.
Graphics are quality, a good looking game.

So, far this one is way more immersive the the first 3. Like when your driving the warthog. You actually have to stop, get off and activate things? I like that instead of just running through an area without even attempting anything other than driving. It's little small tweaks that make a world of difference. The night vision was a nice touch too. I'm not sure what carried over from ODST, because I never played it, but if those were on that game as well? I might have to seek that out too.

Also, with my purchase I got a free $20 gift card. I will be putting that towards Red Dead Redemption. :woot:

Mahoney32 15th September 2010 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tymishu (Post 102073)
So, far this one is way more immersive the the first 3. Like when your driving the warthog. You actually have to stop, get off and activate things? I like that instead of just running through an area without even attempting anything other than driving. It's little small tweaks that make a world of difference. The night vision was a nice touch too. I'm not sure what carried over from ODST, because I never played it, but if those were on that game as well? I might have to seek that out too.

Also, with my purchase I got a free $20 gift card. I will be putting that towards Red Dead Redemption. :woot:

Your right, I know what your saying, understand what you mean. Well, basically everything that worked really well in ODST, has been carried over onto REACH. The elements of it that DID work anyway. The campaign in ODST is extremely short, which makes me wonder if the game was originally intended to be, purely a download. ODST is a fun game though, and deserves a place in any collection. Its very cool, thats for sure. I played it for hours and hours. But that said, REACH has a whole bunch of new innovations, and upgrades this time, stuff that hasn't featured in the previous games before...
ODST is an extremely fun game, but I can already tell you that REACH is a far superior one. Seems as though BUNGIE has really delivered this time, after the mixed reactions ODST received. Pretty much everything in REACH has been improved upon over all previous HALO instalments. It's certainly an exciting game, with many intense action set pieces and crazy shootouts, every couple of minutes. Graphically, the game is very impressive, featuring beautiful environments, and extremely vivid 3D characters. It's very immersive, and sucks you right in to their world. It's not long before you realise that BUNGIE have utilised many things that have made other games a success. there are shades of MASS EFFECT, GEARS OF WAR, TOM CLANCEY, REPUBLIC COMMANDO, you name it, and you will find it here. Which is not a bad thing. REACH has also injected new life into the online multiplayer, with a fresh set of new combat games, some of which are new to HALO. The online games are extremely fun and a great challenge, it all feels tougher and more intense than before. Theres some nice big maps in this game too.
The Elites are back in REACH as enemies this time, and somehow seem tougher to take down sometimes. They are the jammiest of b***ards in Reach, and can begin to frustrate. Out of the six NOBEL team squad members, my personal favourite, at the moment, is KAT, the one armed female Spartan. She's VERY cool. ODST's BUCK, pops up somewhere in the game too. Which is nice...So far, so good. will talk some more about REACH when I complete the campaign. Give a final verdict on it. for the record...See you online...

Mahoney32 16th September 2010 01:14 AM

I'm too hooked on online multiplayer, to continue the REACH campaign at the mo, Just so much fun at the moment. One critique: You are often forced to play variations of matches that you have no interest in really taking part in. which means the match voting system sucks ass to be honest. It feels like this time around, your online HALO experience is a lot more controlled, with little you can do about it, other than switch the bloody thing off. aside from this, HALO REACH online is a great deal of fun, an exciting experience. The explosions, and the grenade hits, are a great deal more intense than before. Put it this way, it's enough to put the best of us joining the Army, thats for sure...

Mahoney32 16th September 2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahoney32 (Post 102329)
I'm too hooked on online multiplayer, to continue the REACH campaign at the mo, Just so much fun at the moment. One critique: You are often forced to play variations of matches that you have no interest in really taking part in. which means the match voting system sucks ass to be honest. It feels like this time around, your online HALO experience is a lot more controlled, with little you can do about it, other than switch the bloody thing off. aside from this, HALO REACH online is a great deal of fun, an exciting experience. The explosions, and the grenade hits, are a great deal more intense than before. Put it this way, it's enough to put the best of us joining the Army, thats for sure...

Correction: It's enough to put OFF the best of us joining the Army...
(I just had to sort that one out...)