Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Gaming (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What are you playing? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/gaming/1534-what-you-playing.html)

vipco 4th September 2012 03:03 PM

Playing NASCAR on PS3 and Fifa on PSVita.

Nordicdusk 4th September 2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer time (Post 270758)
will be playing Guild Wars 2 for the foreseeable future.Looking forward to borderlands 2

Borderlands 2 is gonna be fantastic. Gonna be a busy few months up till Xmas.

Nordicdusk 4th September 2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 270799)
Playing NASCAR on PS3 and Fifa on PSVita.

Well hows the Vita is it worth the money?

MatOfTheDead 4th September 2012 06:45 PM

Borderlands in preparation for the sequel

mercury 5th September 2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 270851)
Well hows the Vita is it worth the money?

I would like to hear other opinions about this also. I got the vita earlier this year and although initially I was blown away I feel a little let down. Reasons why:

I got the vita on the understanding that cross play and cross saving of games would be a huge feature. But on games like Uncharted and Assassins Creed and other big titles this is not and doesn't seem to be happening. The idea of playing the game out and about and resuming it on ps3 at home was a deal clincher for me, but the guy at the store was talking sh!£.
I must admit I have only bought Uncharted so far as no other game has appealed to me. But it is a good game, but for me it is not the kind of game I would play on a hand held. I prefer games like mario which are great on the go whereas Uncharted is a console game really.

RedEyeTheCylon 10th September 2012 07:13 PM

Been having another bash at COD: World at War recently
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...LL._AA300_.jpg
Heart of the Reich on veterans mode has got to be one of the most difficult and frustrating game levels ever created :frusty:

Nordicdusk 10th September 2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedEyeTheCylon (Post 272543)
Been having another bash at COD: World at War recently
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...LL._AA300_.jpg
Heart of the Reich on veterans mode has got to be one of the most difficult and frustrating game levels ever created :frusty:

The only COD i have not finished on Veteran. Grenade spamming in the game was too much.

keirarts 11th September 2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 271001)
I would like to hear other opinions about this also. I got the vita earlier this year and although initially I was blown away I feel a little let down. Reasons why:

I got the vita on the understanding that cross play and cross saving of games would be a huge feature. But on games like Uncharted and Assassins Creed and other big titles this is not and doesn't seem to be happening. The idea of playing the game out and about and resuming it on ps3 at home was a deal clincher for me, but the guy at the store was talking sh!£.
I must admit I have only bought Uncharted so far as no other game has appealed to me. But it is a good game, but for me it is not the kind of game I would play on a hand held. I prefer games like mario which are great on the go whereas Uncharted is a console game really.

The problems with the psvita mainly stem from things promised that were never delivered...

The Escapist : Video Galleries : Jimquisition : Sony's Begging For Piracy

Add to all this the massive lack of desirable titles to play, and the fact the iphone has a better selection of games unfortunately the vita simply fails to live up to the hype.

I stick to my ds lite for handheld gaming, their dirt cheap to pick up and have loads of great games (including all the mario titles and a psone perfect port of resident evil)

mercury 11th September 2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 272683)
The problems with the psvita mainly stem from things promised that were never delivered...

The Escapist : Video Galleries : Jimquisition : Sony's Begging For Piracy

Add to all this the massive lack of desirable titles to play, and the fact the iphone has a better selection of games unfortunately the vita simply fails to live up to the hype.

I stick to my ds lite for handheld gaming, their dirt cheap to pick up and have loads of great games (including all the mario titles and a psone perfect port of resident evil)

I agree completely. But I will hang on to my vita just incase things change. For example:
I traded in my 3ds because the games that were out I just didn't like. Now since my last post I have purchased a 3ds xl for the sole purpose that I can play the new super mario bros 2:crazy: A console is only as good as its game selection and this is different for everyone as not everyone likes the same type of games.

keirarts 11th September 2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 272703)
I agree completely. But I will hang on to my vita just incase things change. For example:
I traded in my 3ds because the games that were out I just didn't like. Now since my last post I have purchased a 3ds xl for the sole purpose that I can play the new super mario bros 2:crazy: A console is only as good as its game selection and this is different for everyone as not everyone likes the same type of games.

I'm not a big fan of the 3ds either, hence I still have my ds lite, for my money the best handheld out there (much longer battery life and no headache inducing 3d) with the broadest back catalogue of games available.