Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th January 2011 07:13 PM

Kinowelt's titles are mostly like that.It's a good thing.

I reckon our 18 is okay compared to these FSK and horrendous Ozzie ratings symbols.

Gojirosan 20th January 2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 123103)
Nice one! :thumb:
But how did it work out very expensive?
Standard Amazon.de shipping to the UK should be 6 Euro...

I don't know, but it ended up costing me £17.17! I was just so desperate to buy it I didn't realise how much I was spending! No matter! :lol:

:dance:

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th January 2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 123153)
I don't know, but it ended up costing me £17.17! I was just so desperate to buy it I didn't realise how much I was spending! No matter! :lol:

:dance:

:lol: you need to get a BD from Japan, then you'll see that £17.17 is quite reasonable. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inspector Tanzi 20th January 2011 08:08 PM

I can't see how £17.17 is dear for a blu ray, especially for an import.

I'll give you £17.17 for it if you don't want it mate ;)

GoreFreak91 20th January 2011 08:44 PM

Anything by Arrow.

the blob 20th January 2011 09:00 PM

I just paid over £25 for Mother. £17 sounds cheap to me right now!

Inspector Tanzi 20th January 2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 123232)
I just paid over £25 for Mother.

Same here, and new Korean blu rays have gone up even more since, have you seen how much Moss is everywhere!

the blob 20th January 2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 123239)
Same here, and new Korean blu rays have gone up even more since, have you seen how much Moss is everywhere!

And it's not even in a special package! Man From Nowhere is the same though and that's about $6 or $7 more than the CJ Ent ones were starting at.

nekromantik 20th January 2011 10:47 PM

I paid £50 for my Terminator 2 BD steelbook from Japan!!

£17 is about right for US imports I would say.

bdc 21st January 2011 08:25 AM

Just arrived:

Ms. 45 aka Angel of Vengeance (uncut) (1981) (R2,Mep)
The White Reindeer (1952) (R2,Artus)
Night of the Werewolf (1980) / Vengeance of the Zombies (1972) (Region Free,BCI) BD

bdc 21st January 2011 08:26 AM

Just arrived... :)

http://b.dv1.us/p1/275/104275-d0.jpg

Gojirosan 21st January 2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 123293)
The White Reindeer (1952) (R2,Artus)

Never heard of that before, but upon looking it up I now HAVE TO SEE IT!!!

:lol:

bdc 21st January 2011 09:25 AM

The new French dvd should also be English/Spanish friendly (subs).
Haven't found time to watch it yet though. ;)

http://dai.ly/hOIWyo

Gojirosan 21st January 2011 09:38 AM

A painful (fibromyalgia) hobble downstairs to check the post was rewarded with four packages!

From France:

China Girl (Aventi DVD)

From the UK:

The Killer Nun (Shameless DVD)

From the US:

Monster Of Venice (Retromedia DVD)

From S Korea:

My Name Is Nobody (World Digital Entertainment DVD)
The Bicycle Thief (Playstation - really! - DVD)

The Korean stuff came in a beautiful textured vellum jiffy bag that puts our boring brown paper ones to shame :lol:

bdc 21st January 2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 123317)
A painful (fibromyalgia) hobble downstairs to check the post was rewarded with four packages!

From France:

China Girl (Aventi DVD)

From the UK:

The Killer Nun (Shameless DVD)

From the US:

Monster Of Venice (Retromedia DVD)

From S Korea:

My Name Is Nobody (World Digital Entertainment DVD)
The Bicycle Thief (Playstation - really! - DVD)

The Korean stuff came in a beautiful textured vellum jiffy bag that puts our boring brown paper ones to shame :lol:

Nice ones! :thumb:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st January 2011 11:56 AM

Very nice b! :thumb:

I think the most I've paid for a Blu so far is £30 for the Inception Briefcase set.

As for a single Blu (rather than a special set), it'd probably be the Criterion disc of Videodrome - just over £20.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st January 2011 01:05 PM

Just picked up The Crying Game: Special Edition and Oasis Of Fear, with the new artwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oaxaca 21st January 2011 02:30 PM

I suppose the 18 quid (this keyboard appears not to have a pound sign above the 3 :p) I payed for Silver Saddle is a fair price, but considering I bought The Spaghetti Western Collection (i.e. 3 films) from amazon for 17quid, it is a bit of a piss take :p

Still I'm not complaining as Silver Saddle is a great film and its nice to have a Fulci western in my collection.

I'm pretty certain 18 quid is the most I've ever spent on a blu. Unless it was a very collectable item I doubt I ever would spend more. Region A imports are very rarely more than 15quid and I've never found a steelbook costs more than sixteen quid.

Mind you my mates do call me tight! :laugh:

bdc 21st January 2011 02:55 PM

I paid mine less (13,21 Euro),but Swiss/Liechtenstein/Austrian/Belgian/Dutch/Luxembourg orders get free shipping on Amazon.de (minimum purchase 20 Euro).
I ordered it together with something for a mate,so I got above the 20 Euro minimum.

nekromantik 21st January 2011 04:12 PM

speaking of imports
I am tempted to order the I spit remake from amazon us as it works out £15 inc shipping with current offer which makes it £2 more then the UK blu.

oaxaca 21st January 2011 08:39 PM

Bought these 2 yesterday and today :D

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514ZuA7SZGL.jpg http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41eKboqZs2L.jpg

Havn't watched Hardware yet but watched Company of Wolves. Very surreal werewolf based fantasy horror with touches of hammer in the period detail and sets. Kind of an 18 rated little red riding hood. The film supposedly works as a metaphor for entering adulthood / leaving adolescence. Very nicely done and I think its the type of film that would get better with repeat viewing..

bdc 21st January 2011 08:42 PM

Very nice! :thumb:

BioZombie 21st January 2011 08:45 PM

The Exorcist it looked fantastic. If someone had told me the opening scene in the desert was filmed last week I would have believed them. Blu-ray really does a service to the film lighting wise with the chrisp black shadows and faces picked out from them.

The sound is fantastic too, every little detail could be heard with chrystal clarity. Loved the main theme.

Soon I think I'm gonna find it hard to watch stuff on DVD.

Argentofan 21st January 2011 09:49 PM

God Told Me To
Venom
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
Mountain Top Motel Massacre

oaxaca 22nd January 2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 123492)
The Exorcist it looked fantastic. If someone had told me the opening scene in the desert was filmed last week I would have believed them. Blu-ray really does a service to the film lighting wise with the chrisp black shadows and faces picked out from them.

The sound is fantastic too, every little detail could be heard with chrystal clarity. Loved the main theme.

Soon I think I'm gonna find it hard to watch stuff on DVD.

The Exorcist was fantastic on blu ray. I watched it a few weeks ago and hadn't seen it since the cinema re-release (1998?) either and it was much better than I remember. I agree that blu ray is making it very hard for me to get DVDs anymore!

Just ordered the following, taking advantage of amazons decent 2 blus for £15:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Gojirosan 22nd January 2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 123484)
Very nicely done and I think its the type of film that would get better with repeat viewing..

Very much so. I actually didn't like it the first time I saw it...but by the third viewing I was totally won over!

I haven't seen it for many, many years now, wonder what I'd make of it...

nekromantik 22nd January 2011 04:04 PM

Just returned a tee from house of frasier and used that money to order I Spit On Your Grave US blu!!

DVD Trash 22nd January 2011 04:18 PM

I'm now Region A capable thanks to Tesco's Technika player - got Vampire Circus and Criterions In the Realm of the Senses - both look good but the Criterion transfer is a thing of beauty!

kingofwitches666 22nd January 2011 04:50 PM

Just received the BCI Paul Naschy double feature through the post & bought the I Spit On Your Grave 2 Disc Ultimate Edition from HMV, in store for £11.99.

RigorMortis 22nd January 2011 06:55 PM

Also just bought the BCI / ECLIPSE Paul Naschy Double feauture! Really looking forward watching these two on BD, would be great to see more Naschy films getting the BD treatment. :)

tollickd 23rd January 2011 09:55 AM

Resident evil afterlife 3D

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd January 2011 10:38 AM

http://184.72.239.143/mu/59f08d96-13a1-e502.jpg

Does anyone have a copy of Where Eagles Dare yet? I'd like to know if that's really the artwork or if it's the same crappy cover that's been released everywhere else? The recent Eastwood re-releases on dvd/BD have awful artwork.

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd January 2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 123683)
http://184.72.239.143/mu/59f08d96-13a1-e502.jpg

Does anyone have a copy of Where Eagles Dare yet? I'd like to know if that's really the artwork or if it's the same crappy cover that's been released everywhere else? The recent Eastwood re-releases on dvd/BD have awful artwork.

:( From a review I've seen elswhere, it doesn't have the above artwork. Gutted!

oaxaca 23rd January 2011 01:48 PM

Surely it must be the awesome artwork in the above pic? I havn't received it yet so can't tell you for certain but every online store which is selling the WHERE EAGLES DARE blu ray has that artwork.

Come to think of it, I've never seen the film in any shops around town, including HMV in birmingham, coventry, solihull, leamington, stratford... Nor in any CEX's nor in Head in leamington. Its a bit conspicuous by it absence!:confused:

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd January 2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 123706)
Surely it must be the awesome artwork in the above pic? I havn't received it yet so can't tell you for certain but every online store which is selling the WHERE EAGLES DARE blu ray has that artwork.

Come to think of it, I've never seen the film in any shops around town, including HMV in birmingham, coventry, solihull, leamington, stratford... Nor in any CEX's nor in Head in leamington. Its a bit conspicuous by it absence!:confused:

AV Forums has a review and the artwork they show is the same as the BD release from other countres :( You'll need to let us know for sure.

http://184.72.239.143/mu/59f08d96-405d-d9ea.jpg

the blob 23rd January 2011 02:02 PM

I didn't even realise there was a European release. Not a fan of Kelly's Heroes so didn't really want to buy the US double.

kingofwitches666 23rd January 2011 06:33 PM

Finally got round to picking up:

Satans Baby Doll

The Beast In Space

Love Goddess Of The Cannibals

My Shameless collection is now complete for the mo. :thumb:

nekromantik 23rd January 2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 123748)
Finally got round to picking up:

Satans Baby Doll

The Beast In Space

Love Goddess Of The Cannibals

My Shameless collection is now complete for the mo. :thumb:

I need last 2 and a few more of the Shameless titles.
I got more Arrow titles then Shameless :lol:
Only arrow titles I dont have which I want is Two Evil Eyes.
Rest of the movies I already own from US :)

kingofwitches666 23rd January 2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 123758)
I need last 2 and a few more of the Shameless titles.
I got more Arrow titles then Shameless :lol:
Only arrow titles I dont have which I want is Two Evil Eyes.
Rest of the movies I already own :)

I'm the opposite. All Shameless but missing a fair few Arrow blu & dvd, although I have pre-ordered everything that Arrow are releasing up to & including April.

I can hear my bank account crying from here! :lol:

nekromantik 23rd January 2011 07:22 PM

:lol:
I feel for ya
I got very limited funds so no batches of pre-orders for me.
I got a tee for £12 that I returned so I could add another £2 to so I can order I spit bly from US!