Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th January 2012 12:04 PM

Very nice! :thumb:

I also ordered from Amazon so hope that mine is waiting for me when I get home tonight, too.

BAKA 25th January 2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 211554)
I ordered it from Amazon, who I know don't always get stuff to you on date of release or before (I'm a cheap skate, I always use the free postage option anyway) but I can't argue with their packaging, especially with my steelbook. No rattling around in there. :)

That packaging must be new. I've ordered steelbooks before and never had them shipped like that. I'm guessing this is some reaction to complaints about damaged steelbooks. Time to look for a steelbook to order :pound:

Baseball Fury 25th January 2012 12:59 PM

Erm...

I've just ordered the Arrow Academy Rififi, The Coen Brothers Collection, Studio Canal's The Third Man and Masters of Cinema's The Ballad of Narayama.....

for £3.67 each, new, from Amazon Marketplace.

There's a company (with 200,000 feedback and 5 stars) listing LOADS of titles for that price.

Lots of MoC, Studio Canal, some new releases (Kill List was one that stuck out, Don't Look Now, Witchfinder General, THE KUBRICK BOX SET, literally LOADS of stuff.

Even it turns out to be some massive error, it's worth a punt!

PaulD 25th January 2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 211563)
Erm...

I've just ordered the Arrow Academy Rififi, The Coen Brothers Collection, Studio Canal's The Third Man and Masters of Cinema's The Ballad of Narayama.....

There's a company (with 200,000 feedback and 5 stars) listing LOADS of titles for that price.

Lots of MoC, Studio Canal, some new releases (Kill List was one that stuck out, Don't Look Now, Witchfinder General, THE KUBRICK BOX SET, literally LOADS of stuff.

Put a few in my basket but they disappeared by the time I got to the checkout. Still got Rififfi and Kill List though. Intrigued if they'll be honoured.

sawyer6 25th January 2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 211563)
Erm...

Very fishy!

Baseball Fury 25th January 2012 01:13 PM

Fishy or not, I'll be protected through Amazon, so I'll get my money back if the goods never show! Well worth a go, haha

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th January 2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 211554)
Well speak of the devil & he shall appear, postie has just delivered my Two-Lane Blacktop steely! I think I should mention how good the packaging was as I know this can be a concern for certain people, especially with steelbooks.

I ordered it from Amazon, who I know don't always get stuff to you on date of release or before (I'm a cheap skate, I always use the free postage option anyway) but I can't argue with their packaging, especially with my steelbook. No rattling around in there.
:)

My Steelbook also arrived from Amazon today, packaged in the same way as yours. I now have two as I ordered one from Eureka and forgot to cancel my pre-order at Amazon, something I've done several times before!

sawyer6 25th January 2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 211571)
Fishy or not, I'll be protected through Amazon, so I'll get my money back if the goods never show! Well worth a go, haha

And when I desided to give it a try everything's gone:(

PaulD 25th January 2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 211575)
And when I desided to give it a try everything's gone:(

I found that with a lot of stuff. Managed to get Manhunter, Terminator 2, Hannibal Lecter box set, Witchfinder General, Kill List and Rififi. a fiver each with p&p - hope they get honoured.

PaulD 25th January 2012 01:32 PM

Interestingly, zoverstocks have done their usual trick of undercutting by a penny so they have Kill List at £3.66 at the minute. Won't last long.