Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th July 2012 09:42 AM

The paper cover on my Double Indemnity Steelbook was so well stuck it ripped during the (very careful) removal process, so I have put the discs and booklet elsewhere, leaving the Steelbook practically sealed for eternity!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th July 2012 09:51 AM

I've had the same DVD for a couple of months but haven't yet watched it and, as I haven't seen any version of Malabimba before, I really have no idea what to expect – probably a good thing.

Pete 7th July 2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 255760)
I've had the same DVD for a couple of months but haven't yet watched it and, as I haven't seen any version of Malabimba before, I really have no idea what to expect – probably a good thing.

It's supposedly extremely sleazy but Severin have said that many times before about some of their releases and they haven't really lived up to the billing. Mind you, it was produced by the same people who did GIALLO A VENEZIA and PATRICK STILL LIVES so there is a big chance it might.

I hope so anyway!

Pete 7th July 2012 09:58 AM

SATAN'S BABY DOLL is a remake of it btw.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th July 2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 255765)
SATAN'S BABY DOLL is a remake of it btw.

Right, that gives me an idea of what story to expect at least! I'll probably have to watch Satan's Baby Doll afterwards to see how it compares.

ReturnToZero 7th July 2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 255757)
There's no point in buying a sanitised version when a full strength version is also available!

But the hardcore sequences are just inserts made by perverts and not how the filmmakers intended the film too be. That's why i went for the Unrated version instead.

Anyhow, it's a fun film. The girl in the leading role (can't remember her name) is excellent. Sad she only did one movie, but who can blame her after the Malabimba-experience she went through? :)

keirarts 7th July 2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 255760)

It's vile, even by andreas bianchi standards, but also entertaining for those with the right mindset. I watched it at a new years party and a lot of people left the room for drinks at certain points!

keirarts 7th July 2012 10:37 AM

my double indemnity had loads of glue, while lost weekend had almost none?!

ReturnToZero 7th July 2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 255778)
my double indemnity had loads of glue, while lost weekend had almost none?!

Same here. But i managed to get rid of it all without any damages.

Then i just took a scissor and removed the upper part so all the specs are still on the back. They should have printed it on the box instead.

Gojirosan 7th July 2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 255775)
But the hardcore sequences are just inserts made by perverts and not how the filmmakers intended the film too be. That's why i went for the Unrated version instead.

Hmmm...I didn't think this was the case with Malabimba. Isn't there extra footage other than the hardcore scenes in the long version? And are all the sex scenes just inserts?

And isn't "perverts" a bit harsh?

I can inly presume it is better than the atrocious Satan's Baby Doll! I hope so for Pete's sake...ahaha "for Pete's sake"...sweet...

A website with a list of "hardcore inserts" would be handy: to easily refer to to see if they were added later or intentional from the off.