Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

James Morton 7th July 2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 255668)
Just ordered the Brian De Palma film Sisters (1973), can't remember if I've seen it already, I know I planned to. Anyway it's on Amazon for £2.85 at the moment!

boght the R0 Criterion dvd of SISTERS years ago
a good film, not his best though

Gojirosan 7th July 2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 255800)
boght the R0 Criterion dvd of SISTERS years ago
a good film, not his best though

Every day I wake hoping Criterion have decided to reissue it on a Blu-Ray.

It's one of my De Palma faves.

Gojirosan 7th July 2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 255632)

Just took the wrapping off Eat The Rich and it's on a DVD-R!

Everything looks legit, so if it's a bootleg it's been done with a very high quality printer.

Have Image ever released anything on DVD-R?

Should have bought it from the USA, I suppose. Wanted it quickly so paid slightly extra for a UK seller and it looks like it's counterfeit!

James Morton 7th July 2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 255801)
Every day I wake hoping Criterion have decided to reissue it on a Blu-Ray.

It's one of my De Palma faves.

You might be waking every day up for a looooooooong time until the Criterion bd is released...........................then again :pray:

Pete 7th July 2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 255775)
But the hardcore sequences are just inserts made by perverts and not how the filmmakers intended the film too be. That's why i went for the Unrated version instead.

Anyhow, it's a fun film. The girl in the leading role (can't remember her name) is excellent. Sad she only did one movie, but who can blame her after the Malabimba-experience she went through? :)

The filmmakers said they were but I saw a clip and it was clearly shot at the same time.

Pete 7th July 2012 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My dad visited That's Entertainment after I told him about it so I got him to pick me up RETURN TO HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL.

Attachment 71385

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th July 2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 255778)
my double indemnity had loads of glue, while lost weekend had almost none?!

Same here – and the Island of Lost Souls Steelbook had minimal glue, which makes it easy to open and close with the cardboard surround still in place.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th July 2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 255814)
My dad visited That's Entertainment after I told him about it so I got him to pick me up RETURN TO HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL.

Attachment 71385

Seen that a few times now.

I quite like it.

Can't go wrong with Cerina Vincent and Tarrant from Blakes-7 in the same film i say. :happy:

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th July 2012 06:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This weeks deliveries.

Crimson Blade 7th July 2012 07:09 PM

As they were pretty cheap, i picked up Enzo G Castellari's Bronx Warriors and Escape From The Bronx yesterday in HMV.
I have to say though that i still prefer his earlier work like The Big Racket etc. But they still were highly entertaining.
The leading character, Trash, was a bit embarrassing however. :D