Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

ArgentoFan1987 11th October 2012 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 280562)
I would imagine MTDS means the Thing prequel, still an enjoyable film all the same, however not a patch on Carpenters film(my second favourite of his after the one with the messed up bloke in a Captain Kirk mask)

Oh I thought he meant Carpenter's The Thing.

It's amazing the amount of terrifying things that have been done with Shatner's face!:)

nekromantik 11th October 2012 06:47 AM

My copy of American Horror Story Season 1 has shipped from HMV yesterday!
Too bad they did not release it early so I could re watch before Season 2 starts in the US on Sunday.

PaulD 11th October 2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 280691)
My copy of American Horror Story Season 1 has shipped from HMV yesterday!
Too bad they did not release it early so I could re watch before Season 2 starts in the US on Sunday.

Not sure if you'll care but it's cut ever so slightly. The BBFC demanded to cut a dialogue in the pilot episode where a downplaying comment about a suicide method is made. This cut's duration is 5 seconds. Crazy.

darthelvis 11th October 2012 06:56 AM

Watched my Night of the Living Dead remake Blu Ray last night and have to say the blue tint isn't as bad as originally made out in the screenshots. The blue tint aside the transfer looks pretty darn good!

keirarts 11th October 2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthelvis (Post 280693)
Watched my Night of the Living Dead remake Blu Ray last night and have to say the blue tint isn't as bad as originally made out in the screenshots. The blue tint aside the transfer looks pretty darn good!

Well that's screencaps for you, I don't trust them and never will. They seem to be the staple of lazy yellow internet 'journalism'. :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th October 2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 280699)
Well that's screencaps for you, I don't trust them and never will. They seem to be the staple of lazy yellow internet 'journalism'. :nod:

I completely agree. It's one thing looking at the flaws in a photograph or painting, but quite another to take several frames from the moving image and analyse the entire film on that basis.

There are 24 frames in one second, so it's no way of judging the picture quality of a 90 minute film, when there will be about 130,000 frames!

Rik 11th October 2012 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 280607)
Right, that's definitely it for this month now!

Famous last words, today's CEX bargain hunt results, £5 for the lot, Paradise Lost and the Salem's Lot TV series are blind buys
Attachment 85724

keirarts 11th October 2012 10:46 AM

Ninja Scroll Blu-ray/DVD Steelbook: Amazon.co.uk: Daisuke Gouri, Kouichi Yamadera, Emi Shinohara, Takeshi Aono, Yoshiaki Kawajiri: Film & TV

This looks interesting....

Wes 11th October 2012 10:52 AM

Whats the word on the Salem's Lot TV series ? I remember Kim Newman made this his Dungeon Breakout choice for his column in Empire. It sounded interesting...

demonknight 11th October 2012 11:15 AM

Free speech ha ha

A thread I replied to has just been shut down. Apparently cult labs received complaints about a thread based on serial killers. I can tell you all I did not post anything that could be considered offensive. Well Stefan thanks for treating me like an adult and where do I go the next time I want to discuss movies such as silence of the lambs,manhunter,seven? So annoying.