Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 13th December 2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 301334)
November 30th

As did I.

Wes 13th December 2012 09:07 AM

Just got my Universal Monsters box from Amazon and am well pleased - I was brickin' it that the post would do their usual box set demolition job on it, but it arrived safe and sound. It's quite a beauty !

(a good boxset is worth repeating...)

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/images/201...D-packshot.jpg

Wes 13th December 2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 301273)
With all due respect to Argentofan, it was a silly idea posting a pic for each individual dvd he owned. :shocked: He seems a decent chap though and those apart his contributions to the forum are ones i read. :)

I think Marc was just trying to generate a bit of conversation - which is only a good thing, and displaying the actual discs was probably his way of making the post look more interesting than just a dry list of titles. His weapon of choice - the spolier tag, was done to accomodate other members having trouble viewing large images, so no fault...

Anyway, I just paid off my credit card there now and I have spent an embarrassing amount of money on discs and books - I was gonna ask the Masters of Cinema guys if they would consider a Christmas sale but on second thoughts, I'm gonna leave it...

SharonLynette 13th December 2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 301334)
November 30th

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 301355)
As did I.

Yup, same here, I think a lot of us ordered on that date.

Hawkmonger 13th December 2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 301393)
Yup, same here, I think a lot of us ordered on that date.

Could THAT be the explanation? I haven't ordered the Slipcase edition (Yet), only the steelbook.

SharonLynette 13th December 2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 301396)
Could THAT be the explanation? I haven't ordered the Slipcase edition (Yet), only the steelbook.

I wouldn't have thought this would make a huge difference, I was charged for them on the 3rd December so I presumed that was when they shipped so 10 days ago although you expect fairly slow deliveries over the Christmas period the posties are delivering on Sunday at the moment and are adding extra rounds in - this could be just because the area I live is prone to heavy snow so they don't want to leave it to the next day just incase.

I sent an email on Saturday just asking to check on the status as I've heard nothing since the order and wasn't sure if this was the norm, although I wasn't expecting a response at the weekend yet I haven't had a response to my email by now so it is a bit worrying.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th December 2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 301406)
I wouldn't have thought this would make a huge difference, I was charged for them on the 3rd December so I presumed that was when they shipped

Arrow charge instantly on pre-orders and don't bother with shipping e-mails either, so I wouldn't necessarily like to use that as a guide! ;)

Hopefully everyone's discs will turn up soon.

SharonLynette 13th December 2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 301408)
Arrow charge instantly on pre-orders and don't bother with shipping e-mails either, so I wouldn't necessarily like to use that as a guide! ;)

Hopefully everyone's discs will turn up soon.

It wasn't a pre-order, the charge was taken four days after the order. I'm a very impatient person! Plus there is a present in that order for my Grandad, and a few of them are also for myself! I can't be doing with having less presents around the tree :(

I am slightly grumpy because the dress I really liked that my dad was going to buy me was too short.

Sobral 13th December 2012 12:30 PM

http://s13.postimage.org/6spm2udiv/IMG_00000050.jpg

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th December 2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 301410)
It wasn't a pre-order, the charge was taken four days after the order. I'm a very impatient person! Plus there is a present in that order for my Grandad, and a few of them are also for myself! I can't be doing with having less presents around the tree :(

Oh I see. I don't blame you as I'm also really impatient: I've been waiting two weeks for Exorcism and Two Orphan Vampires to come from allyourmusic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 301410)
I am slightly grumpy because the dress I really liked that my dad was going to buy me was too short.

I didn't think there was such a phenomenon where dresses were concerned! ;)