Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 8th December 2012 10:16 PM

A whole bunch of my network orders turned up this morning (still waiting on the dozen or so from arrow, wish they would get a move on, I spent a small fortune on their site) Not had a chance to check much of it out but I could not resist a quick look at their CARNIVAL OF SOULS.

Still looks a little ropey but not as bad as some of the rotten public domain prints i've seen, its the longer directors cut supervised ber herk harvey back in 1989 ( i think its the same version criterion released) and it has an interesting little booklet by kim newman and a commentary track as well.

This is worth picking up while its cheap imo.

JoshuaKaitlyn 8th December 2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 300208)
A whole bunch of my network orders turned up this morning

Out of curiosity how long did you wait from ordering to actually getting it? getting a little impatient with Amazon! Had to wait a week for Dark Knight Rises! They posted it Friday last week....I got this Friday morning....I know thats what you get with the 3-5 business days option but still?

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th December 2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 300210)
Out of curiosity how long did you wait from ordering to actually getting it? getting a little impatient with Amazon! Had to wait a week for Dark Knight Rises! They posted it Friday last week....I got this Friday morning....I know thats what you get with the 3-5 business days option but still?

The post is all over the place at the moment. Vans are out all day delivering parcels.

I wouldn't panic just yet. Its one of the reasons i try not to order things in December.

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th December 2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 300208)
(still waiting on the dozen or so from arrow, wish they would get a move on,

I haven't even had a shipping email from Arrow on The Night Child which i ordered a week last Friday. :(

Nordicdusk 9th December 2012 02:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 93371

I just got the Scarface Blu Ray Steelbook off a guy online. Im gonna collect it Monday. If anyone has seen it how is the upgrade?

Nostalgic 9th December 2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

I got both Dark Knight Trilogy & ZFE on the tuesday after release date from Amazon wth free postage (so free delivery came in the same amount of time as if I'd paid 1st class!!), though I did end up waiting about 2 weeks for House with the Laughing Windows!

Today's purchases from Amazon:

Ratman
Welcome to the NHK (Anime)
Expendables 2 pre-order

keirarts 9th December 2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

I only had to wait about 4 days.

Dark knight I got day of release because I pre-ordered the disc from Blockbusters at £13.99 (then got a nice discount for working there!) and walked into the store on the day and got it there and then. It was cheaper than amazon as well. I wish we stocked cult titles.

keirarts 9th December 2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 300212)
I haven't even had a shipping email from Arrow on The Night Child which i ordered a week last Friday. :(

Yeah, the inability to check my orders is frustrating. I'm betting its the xmas post because more than likely arrow have sent everything in one big box as I ordered a s*** load of stuff (literally all the academy titles i didnt own already, class of nukem high and a bunch of the 3.99 titles) I just hope some thieving xmas temp worker for the royal mail isn't helping himself to my discs.

keirarts 9th December 2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 300223)
Attachment 93371

I just got the Scarface Blu Ray Steelbook off a guy online. Im gonna collect it Monday. If anyone has seen it how is the upgrade?

Oh and the PQ of scarface is a massive upgrade, it looks fantastic in hi-def.

Nordicdusk 9th December 2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 300250)
Oh and the PQ of scarface is a massive upgrade, it looks fantastic in hi-def.

Thats what i like to hear cheers.