Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th January 2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 317539)
Top of my wish list is a US release of Mallrats. Guaranteed to have all the extras missing from the UK blu-ray.

I meant wish list as in my wish list at Amazon, not films I want to see released on Blu-ray – The Wicker Man has that honour. As for Mallrats, I have the US special edition DVD, the one with all the extra features!

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th January 2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 317553)
I meant wish list as in my wish list at Amazon, not films I want to see released on Blu-ray – The Wicker Man has that honour. As for Mallrats, I have the US special edition DVD, the one with all the extra features!

I know. But a wish list is a wish list. :)

I have both US Mallrats dvds, the Collector's Edition and the 10th Anniversary edition with the extended cut. My favourite KS film.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th January 2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 317556)
I know. But a wish list is a wish list. :)

I have both US Mallrats dvds, the Collector's Edition and the 10th Anniversary edition with the extended cut. My favourite KS film.

I know, I remember you saying that on Twitter when I was watching several Kevin Smith films in a row.

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th January 2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 317558)
I know, I remember you saying that on Twitter when I was watching several Kevin Smith films in a row.

You'll have to forgive me. I'm getting old and my memory isn't as good as it used to be. :)

wongfeihung62 29th January 2013 08:38 PM

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...psd6eba3e9.jpg

Hawkmonger 29th January 2013 08:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 317542)
Yep it's cool, only enjoying the Dredd and Ampney stories at the moment though in the current issues, I'll keep with it though :p

Chin up! Zombo starts in late Feb and that's guarantied to make you laugh, one of the funniest strip's in toothy history. Not to mention Absalom later in the year.:pop2:

Alongside Utena v.1 I also ordered:

fuzzymctiger 29th January 2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 317464)
Anyone want to buy this
Fright Night [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV

Jesus I hope it's a mistake or who ever put it up is on something!

That is a tad ridicolous, but that fright night blu ray is ridicously expensive now

fuzzymctiger 29th January 2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linbro (Post 317493)
#3 is only 1080i, so I put it on last night to check it out - to my untrained eye it looks good. Not sure that it's available elsewhere, with a better transfer?
Pricewise, AU$47 for three films on three separate discs, + extras on each disc, in a steelbook is ok.

Cool. Once the money starts coming in from my job, I think I'll pick it up.

I think Hellraiser 3 may be 1080p in Japan

keirarts 30th January 2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 317622)
That is a tad ridicolous, but that fright night blu ray is ridicously expensive now

Naturally. They only put out 2000 copies then made sure no other territory could release it for three years(regardless of countries where english isnt spoken, its import or dont get it). Personally I stuck with my dvd. But then my disgust at this buisness model is well known so i'll shut up now! :lol:

keirarts 30th January 2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 317567)
Chin up! Zombo starts in late Feb and that's guarantied to make you laugh, one of the funniest strip's in toothy history. Not to mention Absalom later in the year.:pop2:

Alongside Utena v.1 I also ordered:

Where did you order drac from?

I noticed its £15.99 on sainsbury's. Ordered myself a nectar card before I start using them but will probably start using them for my newer uk buys.