Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Linbro 29th January 2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 317318)
Oh what's the transfer like of Hellraiser 3?

I've contemplated picking that set up many times, but can never quite convince myself to part that much for 3 movies.

#3 is only 1080i, so I put it on last night to check it out - to my untrained eye it looks good. Not sure that it's available elsewhere, with a better transfer?
Pricewise, AU$47 for three films on three separate discs, + extras on each disc, in a steelbook is ok.

re.form 29th January 2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 317431)
Attachment 98604

I cant believe the amount of features on this.

That's easily the best disc I bought last year, for overall quality and value for money.

Nordicdusk 29th January 2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re.form (Post 317495)
That's easily the best disc I bought last year, for overall quality and value for money.

I watched the film as soon as i got back from work looks fantastic. The steelbook looks great the colors really stand out. As for the extra almost five hours i could not believe it when i was reading the back. Im gonna keep those until Saturday and watch them all. Best €15 i have spent in a long time.

Hawkmonger 29th January 2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 317455)
Thanks for the info I'm home from work now so I'm going to browse YouTube for a bit :D

BTW Justin, how are you finding Ampney Crucis? Having read two storys and a trade before this I have to say this is the series yet.

Rik 29th January 2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 317525)
I watched the film as soon as i got back from work looks fantastic. The steelbook looks great the colors really stand out. As for the extra almost five hours i could not believe it when i was reading the back. Im gonna keep those until Saturday and watch them all. Best €15 i have spent in a long time.

Still haven't got around to buying that yet, gonna move it up the list a bit ha ha

SShaw 29th January 2013 07:42 PM

Clerks 2 (special edition blu-ray) arrived from Amazon (U.S.) today.

Nordicdusk 29th January 2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 317531)
Still haven't got around to buying that yet, gonna move it up the list a bit ha ha

You really should Rik i was keeping an eye on it for awhile it went up to €30 on play but as soon as it went back to €15 i snapped it up. Its a must have with all the content. Did i mention the lovely colors on the steelbook :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th January 2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SShaw (Post 317536)
Clerks 2 (special edition blu-ray) arrived from Amazon (U.S.) today.

I didn't know it was available on Blu-ray! It is going straight to the top of my wish list.

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th January 2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 317538)
I didn't know it was available on Blu-ray! It is going straight to the top of my wish list.

Top of my wish list is a US release of Mallrats. Guaranteed to have all the extras missing from the UK blu-ray.

Justin101 29th January 2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 317530)
BTW Justin, how are you finding Ampney Crucis? Having read two storys and a trade before this I have to say this is the series yet.

Yep it's cool, only enjoying the Dredd and Ampney stories at the moment though in the current issues, I'll keep with it though :p