Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th May 2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 340327)
Both are excellent blu's! THE TERROR has NEVER looked better, shame the films a bit crap. ... If you like the terror blu then DEMENTIA 13 and POOR PRETTY EDDIE are both worth a look!

I was surprised how good The Terror looked, plus the Blu was very cheap. I'd also recommend picking up Dementia 13 (not a fantastic transfer, but considering its source materials still decent) and Poor Pretty Eddie. I've also been meaning to pick up some of the Noir releases by the same company.

Daemonia 9th May 2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 340337)
You boys get it so simple, it's unbelievable!!!

Simple?? We have to navigate the strange world of women which is mind-boggling to say the least. Life is much simpler without women, I agree. So in that sense, yes, it's simple being a man. Not that we're 'simple', just to emphasise that point. But you women complicate things to the point of insanity. :lol:

Hawkmonger 9th May 2013 07:39 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Recent orders/ pre-orders...

ReturnToZero 9th May 2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 340342)
Simple?? We have to navigate the strange world of women which is mind-boggling to say the least. Life is much simpler without women, I agree. So in that sense, yes, it's simple being a man. Not that we're 'simple', just to emphasise that point. But you women complicate things to the point of insanity. :lol:

Like we say here in Sweden: Det är bara att börja böga.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th May 2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 340353)
Like we say here in Sweden: Det är bara att börja böga.

I can't find a proper translation of that apart from 'it's just to start böga'!

bdc 9th May 2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 340327)
Both are excellent blu's! THE TERROR has NEVER looked better, shame the films a bit crap. Crater lake monster is also surprisingly great quality and a fun little monster movie. Galaxina is also entertaining. If you like the terror blu then DEMENTIA 13 and POOR PRETTY EDDIE are both worth a look!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 340341)
I was surprised how good The Terror looked, plus the Blu was very cheap. I'd also recommend picking up Dementia 13 (not a fantastic transfer, but considering its source materials still decent) and Poor Pretty Eddie. I've also been meaning to pick up some of the Noir releases by the same company.

I actually like The Terror (keeping in mind it was filmed in a few days by several directors) and was looking for an upgrade (I already owned the best dvd releases). ;)
So really curious about the pic quality of the blu of The Terror.
Will have a look at those other blu's.

Btw Galaxina/Crater Lake was unbelievably cheap (especially for a blu-ray) I only paid $3 + shipping for it and the blu looks very good,especially Crater Lake,keeping in mind Crown don't really have great materials of all of their films anymore.
Just checked the pic quality.

I'd say it's more a release for purists as the image hasn't been totally cleaned up and still looks very much like film.
Which I like. :thumb:

ReturnToZero 9th May 2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 340355)
I can't find a proper translation of that apart from 'it's just to start böga'!

Bög means gay (male) and "böga" is when you doing it with another man.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th May 2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 340358)
Bög means gay (male) and "böga" is when you doing it with another man.

Right, that makes sense now. It's understandable that Bing couldn't translate the word!

bdc 9th May 2013 08:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Received these Shaw dvd-r's,normally wouldn't take that route but these are unavailable otherwise (first one oop on vcd and impossible to find and second one never released on home video).

Haunted Tales (1980)
Curse of Evil (1982)

SCM 9th May 2013 09:53 AM

All I've recently bought are Taxidermia, The Seventh Seal and Buffy the Vampire Slayer series 1, hopefully ordering Valerie & Her Week of Wonders