Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd March 2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 329944)
It's hawky who needs to buy it, I got it for Christmas when it came out, I'd also suggest he gets Volver too.

I found Volver really dull compared to many PA films.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd March 2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 329948)
Roll on the 28th (student loan day) because I've just filled my Amazon basket with a shitload of 1p DVD's from Zoverstocks, shame they don't combine postage

I've been doing the same thing the last couple of weeks. Picking up loads of films i used to own on vhs that i never replaced. Just general thrillers, nothing particularly great. All for the door step price of £1.27 each. :happy:

Apart from a few horrors (around 20) which i think are high priced at the moment, there aren't that many things i really want. With not buying blu's, the last 14 years of buying dvd's are finally catching up with me.

nekromantik 22nd March 2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 329925)
My copies of Timerider and Phantasm II arrived from them yesterday with their usual elastic band around them both, and slightly crushing the sleeve on Timerider at the edge of the spine. I emailed them to complain, and from now on, i'm putting NO ELASTIC BAND!
in the comments/special instructions when I order from them.

I only ordered one disc so hopefully its fine. Its back at parents place as Im going over there for easter so wont find out until next weekend.

Rik 22nd March 2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 329952)
I've been doing the same thing the last couple of weeks. Picking up loads of films i used to own on vhs that i never replaced. Just general thrillers, nothing particularly great. All for the door step price of £1.27 each. :happy:

Apart from a few horrors (around 20) which i think are high priced at the moment, there aren't that many things i really want. With not buying blu's, the last 14 years of buying dvd's are finally catching up with me.

That's pretty much what I've been doing, adding titles I haven't upgraded yet or seen since the cinema, few blind buys too

JoshuaKaitlyn 22nd March 2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 329903)
Can you reccomend Talk to Her? I keep hearing good stuff and might check it out at some point.

I'll let you know......when I get around to it! Its in my 'project to see' pile released in 2002. I'm still in 1931!!! :lol::popcorn:

Linbro 23rd March 2013 01:09 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some shots of the NOTLD mediabook.

Justin101 23rd March 2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 329949)
I found Volver really dull compared to many PA films.

You're wrong :lol: :rolleyes:

Justin101 23rd March 2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 329948)
Roll on the 28th (student loan day) because I've just filled my Amazon basket with a shitload of 1p DVD's from Zoverstocks, shame they don't combine postage

Did you get Gremlins 2? :lol:

Rik 23rd March 2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 329991)
Did you get Gremlins 2? :lol:

It's in my basket yeah :lol:

Slippery Jack 23rd March 2013 09:34 AM

Gremlins 2 is right up there on my list of films that ARE as good as you remember from your childhood :nod:

(I don't actually have a list, but it would be if I did...)