Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th July 2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 352230)
No grainger games

Cheers Trebor. :)

Edgeworth 12th July 2013 04:44 PM

Spider Baby and Motel Hell turned up today, speedy delivery from Arrow. Still no Dressed to Kill though! Gotta agree, so much better without pointless white borders.

Steins; Gate part 1 blu shipped yesterday also, Sainsbury's actually honoured £3.99 mis-price. :woot:

keirarts 12th July 2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 352237)
Spider Baby and Motel Hell turned up today, speedy delivery from Arrow. Still no Dressed to Kill though! Gotta agree, so much better without pointless white borders.

Steins; Gate part 1 blu shipped yesterday also, Sainsbury's actually honoured £3.99 mis-price. :woot:

Jesus!

I didnt hear about that, would have ordered one myself.

If you havent seen it yet your in for a treat, Steins gate is marvelous!

Edgeworth 12th July 2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 352238)
Jesus!

I didnt hear about that, would have ordered one myself.

If you havent seen it yet your in for a treat, Steins gate is marvelous!

Catch is if I enjoy it then I will have to shell out £20+ to see part 2. :lol: I know it's big in Japan, they seem to get 1-2 Steinsgate Xbox games a year. Not really a fan of this newer cgi-era anime but have been have wanting to see this.

Cowboy Bebop at the end of the month!

trebor8273 12th July 2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 352242)
Catch is if I enjoy it then I will have to shell out £20+ to see part 2. :lol: I know it's big in Japan, they seem to get 1-2 Steinsgate Xbox games a year. Not really a fan of this newer cgi-era anime but have been have wanting to see this.

Cowboy bebop for me the best anime series of all time.

keirarts 12th July 2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 352242)

I wade through a great deal of dreadful anime, a lot of anime where I am not the target audience as well (they will make shows about anything, theres one airing now that seems to be about working for the civil service!). All in the hope of catching shows like this. Steins gate is a great story, well told. The animation is perfect (though I do yearn for the 90's hand drawn era of stuff like the origional slayers series) and compliments the plot and characters perfectly.

Trust me, you'll be happy to pay the £20 for season 2. :nod:

keirarts 12th July 2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 352243)
Cowboy bebop for me the best anime series of all time.

check out the follow up series 'Samurai Champloo' I love it!

monkeypedro 12th July 2013 06:04 PM

8 Attachment(s)
My purchases from the last week or so from a variety of sources including Amazon, Charity stores, Cash Converters and London Film and Comic Con.

My Favourite finds are 7 Grandmasters on the Tokyo Shock label for £1.99 as i have been looking for it for ages as has been long out of print and finding the R3 HK release of Shaw Bros Disciples of the 36th Chamber for £1.99 only to get home to find out that i already have it in my collection.

trebor8273 12th July 2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 352253)
My purchases from the last week or so from a variety of sources including Amazon, Charity stores, Cash Converters and London Film and Comic Con.

My Favourite finds are 7 Grandmasters on the Tokyo Shock label for £1.99 as i have been looking for it for ages as has been long out of print and finding the R3 HK release of Shaw Bros Disciples of the 36th Chamber for £1.99 only to get home to find out that i already have it in my collection.

Some great buys especially carnivale a criminally underrated show

PaulD 12th July 2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 352225)
hi where the movies separate or in one package, would like to know as at work tomorrow and these are being sent to home address, so if to big to fit in letterbox will have to go to depot on monday.

Mine came today and all three were in one package.