Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th July 2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 94878)
Guess you'll be picking Psycho too then Steve. ;)

I would, but my widely known irish certs on covers phobia only allows me to buy certain tiles :lol: I'll just get the U.S. disc. (it's actually quite strange how I can put up with them on some covers yet, avoid others like the plague :o)

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man (Post 94880)
What's on the cover of that steelbook Steve? A hand on a cane?

Yeah, that's the one.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 30th July 2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 94883)
I would, but my widely known irish certs on covers phobia only allows me to buy certain tiles :lol: I'll just get the U.S. disc. (it's actually quite strange how I can put up with them on some covers yet, avoid others like the plague :o)

:shocked::lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th July 2010 04:23 PM

Has the steelbook of Psycho got those horrible Irish certs on it?

the blob 30th July 2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 94876)
While I was in Galsgow today, I picked up the remake of The Wolfman. I'm a sucker for a nice steelbook.

I'll give you £2 for it. :)

The Wolf Man is in my top five '30's/40's horrors and I really wanted to see the remake but was so disappointed with the reviews. I just don't know why they can't get a story as simple as The Wolf Man right. My mission is now to watch the remake as cheaply as possible and hope they were all wrong.

BioZombie 30th July 2010 05:13 PM

I have just picked up Leone's spahetti western trilogy on blu ray, cant wait to get down to watching it tonight!!!!!!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 30th July 2010 07:20 PM

Just ordered:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Make Them Die Slowly 30th July 2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 94832)
I love it! :tongue1: :happy:

Me too, Fulci done for $1.00 in a garage and garden.

BioZombie 30th July 2010 10:16 PM

Just finished watcing A Fistfull of Dollars. A really fantastic film that in my opinion looks great on blu-ray. The picture looked detailed and there was quite a bit of noticable film grain. The only thing I notced wrong with the picture was the odd bit of print damage, a bit of dust and also some dust scratching but it was totally minimal. Im always amazed that they are able to keep the prints so free of damage as I know from working as a projectionist how easily film is scratch or gets dusty.

I know there are a few reviews about saying the picure quality is a bit below standard for blu-ray but for me, as a home viewer and not a video expert, it looked superb!!!

Next up For A Few Dollars More :pop2:

pedromonkey 30th July 2010 10:25 PM

i picked up a film called TASTE OF FEAR it's actually called SCREAM OF FEAR, but for some reason it's been released with the former title when the film and the trailer on the disc call it the former....bizarre

also ordered these off of amazon...

Gamera: Revenge of Iris
It Came from Outerspace
Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet

and picked these up in work tonight...

Taking Of Pelham 1 2 3 remake
12 Rounds
Hamburger Hill 20th anniversary edition...

re.form 30th July 2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 94724)
Next Door is a great film, re.form. :nod:

Yes it is. There's been some good Norge films recently. Cold Prey 1 & 2 were great. These are also on my to get list:

Manhunt (aka Rovdyr)
Villmark
Hidden

You seen any of these?