Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 9th September 2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 364497)
Monday morning work depression medicated by impulse purchase...

An enthusiastic Mondo Digital review swung it for me.

http://www.destroythebrain.com/wp-co...ie-blu-ray.jpg

never heard of it but from the title and the picture it looks fantastic!

keirarts 9th September 2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 364498)

The trailer is legendary...

An American Hippie In Israel HD trailer - YouTube

STOP PUSHING BUTTONS!!!!

PaulD 9th September 2013 09:44 AM

That film looks awesome! So glad to see Grindhouse releasing back releasing films. Hope they're definitely going to be putting out their backcatalogue in HD; I've held off on Pieces and Cat in the Brain for so long.

fuzzymctiger 9th September 2013 10:01 AM

Was a bit hesitant due to the price tag and those things can be a bit hit miss at times, but that sounds like it has enough extras to justify a purchase, even if it isn't as funny or entertaining as it looks, so I'll have to get it next time I do a us order.

fuzzymctiger 9th September 2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 364503)
That film looks awesome! So glad to see Grindhouse releasing back releasing films. Hope they're definitely going to be putting out their backcatalogue in HD; I've held off on Pieces and Cat in the Brain for so long.

You'll be happy to hear they are going to release their entire back catalog on blu ray, plus new films like The Swimmer and The Big Gundown.

Also Pieces is currently getting a 4K scan for release next year!

ArgentoFan1987 9th September 2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 364498)

I MUST see this film!!!

Wes 9th September 2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 364506)
Was a bit hesitant due to the price tag and those things can be a bit hit miss at times, but that sounds like it has enough extras to justify a purchase, even if it isn't as funny or entertaining as it looks, so I'll have to get it next time I do a us order.

I got my copy from importcds going for 18 bucks - cheaper than Amazon's $30 (?) Blu is region-free as well...

fuzzymctiger 9th September 2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 364516)
I got my copy from importcds going for 18 bucks - cheaper than Amazon's $30 (?) Blu is region-free as well...

Is that the 3 disc one?

Forgot to check Import, they're generally always cheaper for everything.

Susan Foreman 9th September 2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 364451)
Got the 3disc edition of last house on the left, what are the differnces between the normal version and the krug and company cut?

They are pretty much the same film. The only real difference between the two versions is a few lines of dialogue in the scene in which Mari’s parents find her dying by the lakeside.

In 'Krug and Co', she manages to say a few lines before dying, which are absent from the main feature.

Wes 9th September 2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 364527)
Is that the 3 disc one?

Forgot to check Import, they're generally always cheaper for everything.

Yep, it sure is... I think this one is limited to 2000 copies, dunno how true that is as these things go. I'm quite looking forward to this one I must say ! Looks wacky !