Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 10th February 2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 391689)
these all turned up today, strange thing is all ordered at different times from different places.

edit

not seen

house
amer
the boogens
kuroneko
tower of evil
white zombie

any input on these would be welcome

House (hausu) Off its tits mental. Very, very good though just don't expect a traditional Japanese horror movie.

Amer. Literally divided the audience I saw it with down the middle. More a tribute to Euro-horror than just giallo as it tips its hat to films as diverse as Suspiria and Valerie and her week of wonders. I reallly like it.

Boogens. Unavailable for a long, long time aside from bootlegs. This is a great little horror that takes its time building up suspense before revealing the horror.

Kuroneko: (aka the black cat.) A mother and daughter murdered by samurai come back as cat demons and lure unsuspecting Samurai to a nasty death. Along with onibaba and Kwaidan this represents one of the very best Japanese horror movies ever made. A moody and atmospheric film. Hopefully the criterion blu will look excellent, personally i'm waiting for the inevitable Eureaka release.

Tower of evil. Producer Richard gordon brings an early proro-slasher with plenty of claret for the fans! Watch out for confessions star robin askwith in a brief role. (he also turned up as the lead in gordons horror hospital)

White Zombie. Very underrated and outside of Drac is one of my favorite Lugosi roles. An early 'proper' zombie film that has more to do with Voodoo!

trebor8273 10th February 2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 391702)
House (hausu) Off its tits mental. Very, very good though just don't expect a traditional Japanese horror movie.

Amer. Literally divided the audience I saw it with down the middle. More a tribute to Euro-horror than just giallo as it tips its hat to films as diverse as Suspiria and Valerie and her week of wonders. I reallly like it.

Boogens. Unavailable for a long, long time aside from bootlegs. This is a great little horror that takes its time building up suspense before revealing the horror.

Kuroneko: (aka the black cat.) A mother and daughter murdered by samurai come back as cat demons and lure unsuspecting Samurai to a nasty death. Along with onibaba and Kwaidan this represents one of the very best Japanese horror movies ever made. A moody and atmospheric film. Hopefully the criterion blu will look excellent, personally i'm waiting for the inevitable Eureaka release.

Tower of evil. Producer Richard gordon brings an early proro-slasher with plenty of claret for the fans! Watch out for confessions star robin askwith in a brief role. (he also turned up as the lead in gordons horror hospital)

White Zombie. Very underrated and outside of Drac is one of my favorite Lugosi roles. An early 'proper' zombie film that has more to do with Voodoo!

thanks they all sound great, don't know what to watch first now.

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th February 2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 391700)
Was in Manchester yesterday and picked up this lot:

Attachment 130416 Attachment 130417

So happy with that Exterminator 2 poster!

I see you visited Vinyl Exchange. :nod:

Pete 10th February 2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 391705)
I see you visited Vinyl Exchange. :nod:

I did. Some good stuff in there but it's a bit pricey.

demonknight 10th February 2014 02:47 PM

Eden Lake Blu-ray landed today :)

Rik 10th February 2014 02:50 PM

Picked this up in CEX today for £2.50

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51J4eqije4L.jpg

Mojo 10th February 2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 391702)

No need to wait keirarts... :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294

Nordicdusk 10th February 2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 391700)
Was in Manchester yesterday and picked up this lot:

Attachment 130416 Attachment 130417

So happy with that Exterminator 2 poster!

Id be over the moon with that poster aswell great find.

platostotal 10th February 2014 04:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
CEX, all in for £2.75 (might have to knock CEX on the head for a while, every time I go in I find bargains like this, in there so much I've had people come up to me and ask me stuff as if I'm staff:lol::lol:)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th February 2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 391689)
these all turned up today, strange thing is all ordered at different times from different places.

edit

not seen

house
amer
the boogens
kuroneko
tower of evil
white zombie

any input on these would be welcome

Can I put in a bid for Kuroneko White Zombie and Amer just now Treb?:lol:;)