Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 8th August 2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 413645)
Recent purchases! All Blu-Ray's.

***not seen

Attachment 141985*** (includes DVD)

Attachment 141986***

Attachment 141987***

If you havent seen any of these then get them watched. I love all three films.

King of new york is one of abel Ferrarers best films, certainly up there with ms.45 and Bad lieutenant for me.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 8th August 2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 413690)
If you havent seen any of these then get them watched. I love all three films.

I agree on two of them, but didn't think much of You're Next. Over-hyped and no way near as fresh or original as touted around the web.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 413690)
King of new york is one of abel Ferrarers best films, certainly up there with ms.45 and Bad lieutenant for me.

I'll echo this. :nod:

Frankenhooker 8th August 2014 09:14 PM

Picked up the Re-Animator Steelbook, and I'm really looking forward to watching it, it's been far too long, tempted to let my daughter have a peek after I caught her watching Evil Dead the other day, God bless her twelve year old heart.

I also bought Arrow's Slaughter High, which I'm kind of meh about, never liked it much in the 80s, but it was cheap enough. I also found the Synergy copy of The Exterminator in a charity shop for 25p, I own the Arrow Bluray, but I can't leave a film like The Exterminator languishing in a charity shop, regardless of the DVD quality.

monkeypedro 8th August 2014 10:57 PM

6 Attachment(s)
This weeks deliveries.

keirarts 8th August 2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 413692)
I agree on two of them, but didn't think much of You're Next. Over-hyped and no way near as fresh or original as touted around the web.


Agree to disagree on that, I've watched the film four or five times so far and still enjoy it. While I enjoy the purge I thought YN was the better film that year.

ArgentoFan1987 9th August 2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 413702)
Picked up the Re-Animator Steelbook, and I'm really looking forward to watching it, it's been far too long, tempted to let my daughter have a peek after I caught her watching Evil Dead the other day, God bless her twelve year old heart.

I also bought Arrow's Slaughter High, which I'm kind of meh about, never liked it much in the 80s, but it was cheap enough. I also found the Synergy copy of The Exterminator in a charity shop for 25p, I own the Arrow Bluray, but I can't leave a film like The Exterminator languishing in a charity shop, regardless of the DVD quality.

I loved Slaughrer High! There's just something about it I love! It's one of my favourite 80's slasher!

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th August 2014 08:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Got the German blu-ray of Slither today. Yes Koch Media, telling me it's from the director of Guardians Of The Galaxy would definitely get me to buy it (he says sarcastically).

Attachment 142136 Attachment 142137

monkeyscreams 9th August 2014 09:43 AM

Now 15% discount on everything at the new eureka website. Only this weekend afaik.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/09/uverabav.jpg

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th August 2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 413734)
Agree to disagree on that, I've watched the film four or five times so far and still enjoy it. While I enjoy the purge I thought YN was the better film that year.

I have yet to see The Purge or its sequel, but just didn't connect with You're Next. The characters were unlikeable, to the extent where I couldn't care less whether any of them lived or died - in fact most of them I wanted to exit stage right as soon as possible - and the plot twist came as no surprise, or perhaps I'd just given up caring by then anyway... I quite liked the gimmicky animal masks but that was about it. :D

I haven't seen too many of the horror offerings from 2013 (I'd rather curl up with some '70s/'80s schlock or a '60s gothic curio from my ridiculously large watch list where horror is concerned, than invest my time in some of these modern conveyor belt monstrosities), but I did prefer You're Next to the terrible and yawn inspiring The Conjuring and Mama, plus the annoyingly pointless Evil Dead remake/reboot/rehash. Oh, and Ghost Shark too, but that can be forgiven slightly in as much as it wasn't meant to be good in the first place and fully understands this.

However, looking at my 2013 ratings, I did enjoy Frankenstein's Army, Home Sweet Home, and VHS 2 more than You're Next... take from this what you will!

Rondadoronron 9th August 2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 413746)
I have yet to see The Purge or its sequel, but just didn't connect with You're Next. The characters were unlikeable, to the extent where I couldn't care less whether any of them lived or died - in fact most of them I wanted to exit stage right as soon as possible - and the plot twist came as no surprise, or perhaps I'd just given up caring by then anyway... I quite liked the gimmicky animal masks but that was about it. :D

I haven't seen too many of the horror offerings from 2013 (I'd rather curl up with some '70s/'80s schlock or a '60s gothic curio from my ridiculously large watch list where horror is concerned, than invest my time in some of these modern conveyor belt monstrosities), but I did prefer You're Next to the terrible and yawn inspiring The Conjuring and Mama, plus the annoyingly pointless Evil Dead remake/reboot/rehash. Oh, and Ghost Shark too, but that can be forgiven slightly in as much as it wasn't meant to be good in the first place and fully understands this.

However, looking at my 2013 ratings, I did enjoy Frankenstein's Army, Home Sweet Home, and VHS 2 more than You're Next... take from this what you will!

Nicely put Mr B.E. well written etc,can i just add that I thought You're Next sucked also,not a patch on Al Adamson.:behindsofa: christ I spelt You're Next wrong,got there before the spellin nazi arrived.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.