Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th November 2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 425877)
Latest arrivals:

I was sure you'd already own the Ghost Stories set B_E.

Try and hold off watching them for another few weeks, especially the Christopher Lee series. You really need a glass of sherry and a Christmas tree twinkling to get you in the beautiful mood those stories create. :nod:

Funnily enough Family Guy series 8 fell through my letterbox today. :pop2:

JoshuaKaitlyn 19th November 2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 425870)
What made you pick that Ealing set JK?

Or do you have the rest?

Got the first two volumes a few months ago. Networks 'The British Film' label looks quite interesting, seems to have a good collection of both popular and unknown films and seem pretty cheap to boot! Would have bought a few more from Fopp but got dragged around Manchesters Christmas markets spending a fortune on German sausages, speciality cheeses and strange cordials! T'was a good day though! :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th November 2014 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 425880)
I was sure you'd already own the Ghost Stories set B_E.

Try and hold off watching them for another few weeks, especially the Christopher Lee series. You really need a glass of sherry and a Christmas tree twinkling to get you in the beautiful mood those stories create. :nod:

Funnily enough Family Guy series 8 fell through my letterbox today. :pop2:

I was going to buy the 6 disc set a couple of years ago as it was going pretty cheap but then they released the 7 disc set as I was procrastinating on it. I finally decided to pull the trigger on it based on the price drop.

I've seen the stories before, and will indeed be waiting nearer to Christmas to revisit them - I'm very much looking forward to it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th November 2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 425882)
I was going to buy the 6 disc set a couple of years ago as it was going pretty cheap but then they released the 7 disc set as I was procrastinating on it. I finally decided to pull the trigger on it based on the price drop.

I've seen the stories before, and will indeed be waiting nearer to Christmas to revisit them - I'm very much looking forward to it.

Perhaps you'll be able to explain The Signalman to me. :confused:

I've seen it four or five times and i just don't get it. :frusty:

I do like it though.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th November 2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 425884)
Perhaps you'll be able to explain The Signalman to me. :confused:

I've seen it four or five times and i just don't get it. :frusty:

I do like it though.

I think the mystery is all part of charm! ;)

Not everyone's go to story, but Lost Hearts is one of my favourites.

profondo rosso 19th November 2014 06:45 PM

After your recommend Dem of the Ghost Stories, and it having Mr Lee in it, I though I would check one out on youtube. I watched View from a Hill, very slow, but built up nicely to the most bizzare ending? I hate not getting endings but this babey has me stumped! Any clues mate?

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th November 2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by profondo rosso (Post 425893)
After your recommend Dem of the Ghost Stories, and it having Mr Lee in it, I though I would check one out on youtube. I watched View from a Hill, very slow, but built up nicely to the most bizzare ending? I hate not getting endings but this babey has me stumped! Any clues mate?

In this case you should buy it and read the booklets. :tongue1:

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th November 2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 425892)
I think the mystery is all part of charm! ;)

Not everyone's go to story, but Lost Hearts is one of my favourites.

Sounds like you don't get it either. ;)

Lost Hearts is excellent.

profondo rosso 19th November 2014 07:25 PM

Are you saying to understand certain episodes you have to read the booklet that comes with it? If so, how did the original viewers get it? I might just dip into this then as I am intrigued myself. :nod:

profondo rosso 19th November 2014 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived today, been after It came from beneath the sea stand alone blu for a while now :dance:

Attachment 149764